Friday, December 08, 2006

Water, water everywhere....



See I wasn't lying about the rain....

They think the water levels will be at their most over night but this part of the river was on Floodwatch last night....






And I did get a bit of wool yesterday ...

Just a sample of some Cadenza (on the left) and enough Jitterbug for a jumper...


Total wool count fitted in two large bags....



And some yarn ....

Brown giotto - there is a lot more than the two hanks shown, I've no idea what it wants to be but there was no room on the shelf..

And some purple for some purple girls - one of whom was my 500'th commenter
And again there was more than the two hanks...

There were a few more purchases but as they are presents you dont get to see them !!




And then there was this box...

The one that I was playing with most of the afternoon was in a bright green box, so I did get a shock when I opened the outer box and saw this.....








And now I have to finish the aran before I can play...

So it has gone back into it's box (that not even I can loose!!).

So how much stash can I use up over Christmas ???

Just half a sleeve and a front to go.... Maybe if I knit faster I can play sooner....

(Maylin, if you want to email me I can let you know the pattern details)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes but how large were the bags? ;-)

Glad to see you're coming over to the dark side!

7:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That loom looks intriguing... can I take up a new hobby... is there space in my life? This could be your ultimate revenge!

This purple girl could be a brown girl if there's not enough to go round

11:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing what the loom will bring forth!

4:32 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

Oooh what lovelies. I can't wait to see what you make with the loom.

10:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home