Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What I did last weekend.



Surprisingly it rained on Saturday...

So instead of another picture of grey clouds I went for the pond option....








But I did manage to cut the front grass, very badly and very quickly before it started to rain again....







Whilst inside I spun a yarn...

I got this at Ally Pally from the Finish people I cant remember the name of...

Depending on what I do tonight I might finish the rest of the 500g....





Then on Sunday I went to Wonderwool at Builth Wells.

I only took two photos, both from a high by car park....

Dogs running round the ring being watched by lots of people...




And the crowds in the distance...

It was a brilliant day - shouldn't have mown the grass on Saturday and gone then as well...
Didn't manage to look at many of the animals or get to the farmer's market or the food hall...

But I did spend a very enjoyable day in the Wool Shed...


I did come home with some brill stuff...

Firstly from the lovely Maylin, her own dyed goats...

Sorry about the photo, there is a bright multicolour and a blue/green mixture




Then from Knitwitches, three hanks of silk.

When I got home I took it round to show nextdoor neighbour, it nearly didn't get it back... and as it is her birthday this weekend I decided to knit her a quick scarf.
(pattern from Vogue Shawls on the go..)







And from the Coloured Sheep Society

Some interesting grey, cross bred sheep...





And a fleece of dirty Jacob Suffolk cross.

It is now clean and drying in the garden ( I hope it doesn't rain...)

I have spun a bit (patience not a strong point !)
It is a lovely spin, coming out in light grey with bit of dark brown and dark grey...

Will have to wait until the rest dries before this becomes the fibre of the spinning moment...

And my last purchase, I cant remember who this was from .. a mill in Wales, nice ladies who I keep meeting at shows...

It's dark brown and white batted and ready to spin.

And it will be my spinning for Woolfest...


It pays to talk... a stall holder offered to get me a special fleece for Woolfest... not saying more but his stand will be the first one I go to on the Friday morning !!

And Wooo Hooo for the first time in ages I don't believe my oil tank is leaking....

Sorry only one finished sock this week (and he is shy and wants to wait for his friend)
I did manage to finish the back and fronts of my cardi, sleeves soon...

Today I realized how much study I need to do before the end of June - two assignments and one exam... Think my time and motion needs addressing...


Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Oh more yummys from Knitwitches:) and lots of other goodies too; its great to see what other folks have bought;) here's to Woolfest and which stall was that fleece on LOL I'm kidding I have enough fleece on the go at the moment to sort out and I have just had a lovely Teeswater from one of our guild members waiting for a wash !!

7:43 pm  
Blogger Nickerjac said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time x

9:05 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

Apart from the rain it sounds like a fabulous weekend. The pink scarf looks stunning so far.

9:35 pm  
Blogger m said...

I can't get to Woolfest this year, more's the pity.
I only managed the Friday last year, which wasn't enough.

10:29 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

what do you mean "sorry, only one finished sock this week"???? It has taken me over 2 weeks to crank out a tension square for a project I'll probably never even start!

Wonderwool sounds wonderful, envy, envy, envy...

8:08 am  
Blogger Susan said...

Oooooooh, I love the green hand spun and the silk shawl is beautiful!

I'm currently waiting for a learn to spin kit from Etsy to arrive at my house. Very exciting ;)

Hurray! no leakage!

7:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hnbpzyGlad you enjoyed Woolfest on the best day!!!
Get Colinette there next year!!!

10:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home