Thursday, May 17, 2007

Raining socks


It has been raining, so much that my pond is overflowing, the fish dont like the extra water and have been hiding at the bottom...
This was an interesting cloud from a few days ago - looks like someone swinging from the bottom....


Anyone with cats will tell you that there are days when you shouldn't try and take photos....
No sooner had a put the socks down he was there.... after several throws on the floor I did manage a cat free photo....



Jaywalkers in Opal ( i think, ball band long gone...)

This is the truer colour.
And it is the last pair of Jaywalkers I'm doing, I've decided I dont like the pattern that much...

And these are toe up, very strange wool, no repeats on colour..
I was knitting from the inside of the ball and kept on pulling loads out just to see if I could get back to the orange of the first toe... still no sign of it... oh well just one of those things, good job I dont do matching ;-)

And finally the last pair since my last post.

Top down this time, Nickerjac colour Bruised Ego.

And I think I've got enough left to do a short toe up pair...





Things I have learnt this week:

I can do a crochet provisional cast on and manage to undo later - this has taken a few attempts but now sorted !!

My stash reduction of sock yarn isn't going as well as it should be, I've worked out I can get two pairs out of most of my hanks....

Sock knitting is good when you cant concentrate....

There are five stages of dying and anything between 3 and 7 stages of grieving. Thankfully I got my assignment done in time, just the exam in a month and then I can stop thinking of depressing things....

I dont get that many strange looks when I ask people at keep fit if I can measure the length of their feet... Please can someone tell me what length a size 39 is ? I'm a bit confused on this, size 5 & size 6 were both coming out as 9 inches, and I dont think my feet have grown ....


And hopefully my head will be back to it's usual state soon (all that listening to death and grieving was not good...) If anyone is expecting emails from me they will be there at some point soon...

And to cheer me up I'm going to Wonderwool on Sunday and meeting up with two of the most enabling people I know... I have a feeling that my lack of buying yarn might change, but if you do see us please dont encourage them too much....

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might see you Sunday!

I hope your course doesn't get you down too much. Thoughts of death do linger. Since Tuesday I have been immersed, but I hope Malvern and Wonderwool will drag me back to the surface.

4:19 pm  
Blogger susoolu said...

Maybe your fish need flipper socks?

And try this link, for a sock conversion chart -
http://brannock.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/brannock/charts.html
which comes up larger when you print it!

Good luck with final studying - and enjoy the exams (and study week - you are going on a study week or two, aren't you?)

4:49 pm  
Blogger Craftydramaqueen said...

Love the socks. I'm knitting a plain pair with Trekking XXL and decided not to go for matching pair too! Love the Jaywalkers.

9:52 pm  
Blogger SueJ said...

I agree on the Jaywalkers, knitting them (it in my case) was fine but when I put the first on on.... ugh! The created 'fabric' was too stiff, so it was into the frog pond! I know they are rather 'in' but the resulting sock was hard & not suited to mu fussy toes. Socks should be soft & mould to your feet. Cosy toes!

10:23 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

Size 39 is about 24cm (9 3/4") - that's my shoe size and how long I knit my socks, anyway!! It's an old UK 5 1/2, I think...

Liz

8:42 am  
Blogger Rain said...

Gah! Cassie does that to me too, she sees me with something and wants to be involved. Pets are such nosy things.

It's socktastic at your place, they're all so pretty.

Hope all goes well with your exam, thank goodness it's nearly over.

6:16 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Ooohhh, Lovely socks. You sure do crank those puppies out!!!

I must add you have teeny feet ;)

6:35 am  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Oh great socks , all of them ,wow busy girl :)

9:38 am  
Blogger Knittings Nice! said...

Loving those rainbow socks.

6:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home