Sunday, June 17, 2007

Nice things

After an exhausting week I did have some nice parcels to take my mind off a horrid exam....

Mermaid has arrived, but is impossible to photo without glares on the packaging, so you will have a long wait before you see her....

I was feeling down and heard a calling from far across the water...
These came from here

Service was brill (ordered the same day as something from UK that still hasn't arrived...)

It was a wicked parcel, (colour of the green lace)

I dont often do patterned socks but thought I would try some from Cookie...





And they do sock blockers - with sheep on !!!!

The socks are a very bad misdye of Popsicle Jitterbug.

I was knitting them last weekend at Get Knitted.

And to prove I dont look good in photos here is my leg (with sock... ) I was the one that tried to teach the Lordmayor to knit

Socks are going to be given to a neighbour to spread some cheer.....




And there has been some spinning.
Top is a Gotland and Leicester Longwool mixture.

And the bottom is some of the fleece I got a Wonderwool, I'm impressed with it, it's nearly like 'proper' yarn !!!




And I joined the mystery shawl group
This is clue one, I've got a lot of catch up to do, clue four was posted yesterday.

I'm still in the middle of unbloggable main knitting, and I've got to play catch up on coursework before I go on my big adventure next weekend..... Taking some needed time out in the Lakes before meeting lots of people at Woolfest - I will be on the Knitting and Crochet Guild stand on the Saturday morning, come and say hello - and if I ask you to hold a postcard of Loopy please humour me !!!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger woolydoodles said...

I love your socks and blockers....is shipping expensive??? I'm wondering if I may pick some nice ones up at Woolfest?!....I hope to see you there.....
Love the spinning too.
Take care
Love n hugs
Mel x

8:41 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

Some times you just have to treat yourself.

Have an amazing time at Woolfest.

9:09 pm  
Blogger belaybunny said...

I love those sock blockers. Hope your exams went ok!! Nice stuff from the states. And interesting popsicle socks, you won't get lost in them ;)

11:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the American yarns and hte sock blockers. And your mystery shawl looks good too. Heck, it all looks good.

9:03 pm  
Blogger Kath said...

Funny how those Jitterbug socks have pooled - I think thats the worst case I've seen so far. Still - they are great colours and it does feel so lovely! That mystery shawl is looking good as well and I really love the colours of your new yarns and a lovely pattern as well. enjoy WoolFest!

8:30 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Sorry I missed you at Woolfest I have just seen on Wormhead's blog and realized they were camped right next to us !!! We were that busy nattering on Friday night we didn't notice . There were a few bloggers on that site weren't there ? Hope you had a great time at Woolfest :)

6:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home