Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Intermission



Just to prove I am still alive and not hidden under a huge pile of books I thought I would share some of my embroideries...

All these hang in my hall.....

A Busty Lady











This lady was part of an exhibition based on people sewing..


She was renamed as sleeping lady....













And the first holiday I went on for years was to the Faroes Islands where I saw Puffins....


They are a wonderfully funny bird to watch, especially when they are coming into land....











And some roses from the garden...







I forgot to prune this one, I dont think it mattered ... the heads are huge and as for the smell...
lovely :-)


You might have guessed that I'm going through a knitting phase that I cant share.... At least the books will be left unread this time next week...

And I have been suffering from multiple clicking syndrome recently - at least I'm keeping the postman busy....

Well, it's back to the books for me, not long before it will be all over... I'm going on another adventure to Bristol on Saturday (there were a few reasons why I couldn't find the hotel where the exam is taking place last time I tried - it's changed it's name, the map on line was wrong - so with a new map and the correct address... ) and guess where I'm going to go while I'm there.....

7 Comments:

Blogger maylin said...

Hmm, that wouldn't be Get Knitted would it? Have fun!

1:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that Zepherine Drouhin?
Love the embroideries, what a lot of character!

2:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck for your exam this week.

5:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful embroideries and love those roses. I have one like the pale pink that is "Constance Spry" .

7:20 am  
Blogger Probably Jane said...

Those embroideries are fabulous - particularly the busty lady!

11:35 am  
Blogger Susan said...

Just lovely (and the roses aren't bad either!)
;)

1:41 am  
Blogger Rain said...

Wow, the embroideries are really cool. Hope the exam went well.

9:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home