Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Daffy


It took three hours to cast off.

I finished at 1 am this morning.

Unblocked insipid colour.










So I took drastic action.

In a casserole dish, baked in the oven for about an hour...










And look what bloomed...

The dyeing affect is a bit blotchy, but I like it...

I've found out that I dont like blocking circles, but he dried quickly and enjoyed going outside in the sunshine...















And a close up of the inside











And a trumpet....

And now I've finished I can share a few things -

Yellow is not my favourite colour.
I'm allergic to daffodils - they are one of the few flowers that make me sneeze !!


And now I'm going to knit some garments on what will feel like tree trunks (3.75mm needles)

I wonder how quickly stocking stitch will grow ?

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

I love the colour, but yeah... I don't think its a colour I would wear myself. It looks very nice though, the blotchy dye looks great.

3:13 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Beautiful! and I love the yellow, the variations in the colour look great. On a totally unrelated note, I have a matching caserole dish!

5:33 pm  
Blogger pocketsize said...

Wow, that looks really pretty. Dying really made it pick up!

9:27 pm  
Blogger Alison said...

It was well worth the work! Beautiful colour, really lifts the whole project.

9:44 pm  
Blogger Jillsknit said...

I'm absolutely stunned by how beautiful this is!

4:12 am  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Wow, you are such a fantastic knit, sue! and so fast - just thinking about all those long rows on tiny needles makes me feel slightly nauseous. I'm off to lie down ;-)

7:59 pm  
Blogger Frankie said...

Wow! What an amazing creation - and it's beautiful.

6:33 pm  
Blogger stringplay said...

This looks great! I love it in both colors. I think you should definitely wear it.

12:28 am  
Blogger Probably Jane said...

I love yellow - I think it's just misunderstood!

Fabulous shawl.

4:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, Sue--Daffy came out beautifully!

4:37 pm  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

This is gorgeous!!! When you said you were casting on for another flower, is this what you meant? Are you making another of these? It's a lovely pattern!

9:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home