Sunday, January 18, 2009

Some weeks

You just know are going to be bad.

This is one of them (the others, so you know when to steer clear of me are the first and third of March).



It started off my taking sickly cat to the vets, booking him in for his second thyroid op on Thursday. I kept them in all week in preparation, they decided that peeing in the bath was a good idea and that they didn't want to be quiet about it (2am when you have only just got to sleep was not nice !)



Then when I went to pick him up they said he might start twitching, fitting and other worrying things. If he did then I was to phone them straight away. Friday afternoon he started shaking... so I rushed to the vets (no easy task living where I do) and within the hour he had his first dose of liquid calcium. We then had to go back yesterday when he had an injection of pain killers. They have said that they dont need to see him again unless he worries me.

I keep looking at him and trying to work out if the twitching has stopped. His heart (that they said was not regular) is looking a bit strange, so I feel another phone call/ visit coming on.



So now I've got to the stage where everyone that works in the vet's knows me and my cat, they can even tell me what colour my sock is that is in my handbag...



It is also one of the weeks that I remember people that are no longer here. Sometimes this does not bother me and I can carry on with life. This year is different for some reason they are all coming back to me, and it isn't the happy times either - lots of last times. Not good for me.



So I've done what I always do - started my seasonal complicated lace, I'm not with it enough to take photos, but it is blue and it was a present from the lovely Natalie. I'm currently on round 58 of 180- not bad for three partial days of knitting.



And now I'm going to go and destroy an old bed base and hope that my mood lifts.....

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger suse-the-slow-knitta said...

poor puss, hope the treatment goes well.

12:49 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

What a week!

I hope things improve soon...

1:55 pm  
Blogger Jillsknit said...

Sorry to hear about your kitty traumas. I have problems worrying about my guys when I come in the house at night and they don't leap up to greet me. I can't imagine how hard it is to be watching a sick/recovering cat and wonder what normal is. Stay strong.

4:39 pm  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

sending healing stuff for cat and for you. Think about the fact that what is gone made you the lovely person you are today so it was a good thing
((((((((((Sue)))))))))))

4:55 pm  
Blogger Knittings Nice! said...

Oh...hope your kitty is well soon....and nothing better than some complicated lace to get yourself into.

9:39 pm  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

Stay strong and don't give yourself any sort of hard time about feeling sad about the people that you have lost - personally, I think that giving a bit of head space to the people I miss is my way of honouring their memory. I try to think of the good times with them, not just the last times - this doesn't make me miss them any less but I do find that it takes the edge off the sadness.

5:54 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

{{{{{hugs}}}}}, be kind to yourself.

12:25 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

That kind of week for me too, Sue - sending hugs and hoping you get through it all swiftly.

6:45 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Aw poor you and poor puss too:(I think its the time of year as I am feeling this way too ; again its not the best time for me either but this will pass with time :) You are such a caring, sensitive person Sue and sadly feelings will override you at times but you have so many good friends that care for you.
Looking fwd to seeing you at WWW

11:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home