Sunday, December 21, 2008

On the Beach



Can someone please tell us what this is - on the bits of the beach where the seaweed was there were lots of them .. they looked like rubber but weren't

Some were about the size of a small football...








And this is some of it amongst the different type of seaweed...

(it is on the left by the sand...)










Some of us played in the sea in our wellies...

Good job I had waterproof trousers on when I took this shot !!











Whoosh....















And the first wet foot shot I took...

Very foamy :-)










And the view towards the Needles...


















Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger suse-the-slow-knitta said...

evidence of an alien invasion?

7:26 pm  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

They are the hold-fasts (ie the big suckery bit) that's at the bottom of seaweed stems. have you had a storm recently? That's normally when they get torn loose.

8:56 pm  
Blogger Susan Pandorf said...

Thank you for your kind words in my support.

I am ever mindful of my many blessings - thanks for being one of them!

10:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home