Monday, January 05, 2009

How cold ?


I managed to get to Welshpool for my delayed New Year non celebrations( I think that the cold germs had gone and didn't come home with me...)

We sent for a walk/slide at Lake Vyrnwy
on sunday morning..
It was 'fresh'







The little streams at the base of the dam had frozen.


But there was still running water under the ice..

I nearly fell over trying to take some of the photos







Some of my other photos were blurred because of the cold (nothing to do with the wine I had the night before...)











These were dangling at the 'shoreline' at the base of the dam

They were very pretty and looked like glass














And another very bad photo taken of a daily visitor to my garden. This was taken first thing on a day when the snow was about..

I've also seen him standing in the ice of the pond- I hope that my fish are hiding well at the bottom !

And I would like to apologise if I disappear for a while. For those that know me I don't cope well in January. I worked out that of the thirty funerals I've been to, ten have been family and of those five died or had their funerals in Jan...
And in working that out I realised that I didn't go to any funerals last year - now that doesn't happen very often !

Please don't worry about my well being while/if I'm gone - I have a plan to keep myself well and truly occupied, and it doesn't involve knitting or sewing...

And I have another challenge - how to take photos of my knee high socks, for they are finished, they fit and are very cozy, maybe if I venture out to knit in Hereford tomorrow night I might wave my legs about for all to see....

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Knittings Nice! said...

Ah...memories of Lake Vyrnwy...always sweet. Your photos are always so nice...thanks for sharing.

6:35 pm  
Blogger Joy said...

Well I hope you said "hello" to Welshpool for me ;-) Vyrnwy was my "house" in school, and we wore yellow badges.

Back in 1960 something there was a drought and I have old black and white snaps of us walking among the ruins of the village that was drowned whe lake Vyrnwy was built, the water levels were so low.

If you felt like popping over, we'll be in The Uncorn tomorrow evening.

7:23 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Hmph, jealous, we haven't had ANY snow down yer, despite being bleddy cold.
nice pics.

1:01 pm  
Blogger Sue Krekorian said...

Such amazing photos.

6:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home