Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Turning corners



As usual I cast on some lace - this is Lyra by Herbert Neibling.

In some lovely yarn from the Yarn Yard.


I started her on the 15th








So far there is nine days of knitting, I'm on round 130 out of 180.

And I'm now bored of her....

But I have got as far as the corners :-)

(hence the title of the post..)











I've worked out that it will take me at least 25 hours to finish her ...

It has been cold here and my lack of jumpers overtook me last night and I cast on an aran for myself. Hopefully once I'm warm my lace love will return...


The boy is a bit better, still horribly thin, but we are working on that slowly... He is just about to say hello and take over the keyboard, think I need to type fast and go and find some food...

So another corner turned :-)






And this is a bag I made today for a friend whose husband managed to felt a shawl I made for her...

I hope he gets the hint :-)

The photos are bad - the light had gone by the time I'd finished and the rain had started (again)












And the other side :-)

My machine does lots of patterns, I had fun deciding on the one to use...

And Rae, this has not dented the fabric stash, but I do have a cunning plan !!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have taken to telling people to care for handknits the way they would a baby: hand wash with mild soap in water neither too hot nor too cold, dry flat. Hmmm.. maybe some cute hangtags that say, "Baby your knits!"

9:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have taken to telling people to care for handknits the way they would a baby: hand wash with mild soap in water neither too hot nor too cold, dry flat. Hmmm.. maybe some cute hangtags that say, "Baby your knits!"

9:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home