Monday, March 02, 2009

Life changing decisions

Were to start... things have not been what they should have for a very long time. I've been getting very stressed out and annoyed/upset.

I've resigned from the Knitting and Crochet Guild Board - I'm not going to go into details, all I will say is that that they lost two other directors for the same reasons....

This doesn't mean that I will be disappearing, I'll still be popping up at shows, maybe on the teaching to knit stands, maybe with stallholders trying to tempt people to part with their money ! And hopefully I will have more time for me and knitting :-)

I've also start to dabble in the land of Internet dating. There are some very strange people out there - I seem to be a perfect match with a number of motorbikes, people that try and sell themselves by saying their divorce is nearly through, not their fault she found someone else ... and one of my 'best' descriptions:

I'm alone, I love shooting, fishing, taking the dogs for walks, and steam rallies..

Sounds just like my type of guy (not !!)

Having said that there are some lovely men, just need to find one that can put up with a mad knitter ;-)

And another decision I've made is to go back to my OU degree. I dropped out a while back when things got too stressful with the guild - come May I hope to be back into it and eventually I might have another degree in the subject I wanted to do in the first place !!

And I haven't forgotten how to knit - my socks in Mini Moch will be finished today and who knows I might get round to taking the promised photos...

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Sue Krekorian said...

Please do come and visit my parlour. If you also fancy some manic sewing of dance costumes, you could come down this week! Blimey, things are on the change. And aren't there an awful lot of frogs out there?! :-(
Hugs xxx

12:12 pm  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

As Sue says there are many many frogs sadly:( Took me 3 goes to find the right man.
Just think how much fun we can have at the shows if you aren't wearing your Guild hat,Do they know what is before them I wonder?
Good luck on the OU also
We must have our own alternative guild perhaps?

5:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the dating... may you find the right frog to kiss.
Best wishes IDA - in Denmark.

5:43 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Good luck with the changes! I hope that things will be more fun and less stressful now. What OU course will you be doing in May then?

5:59 pm  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

You've left the Board? Well, if you're less stressed then it's the right move.

Internet Dating is fun - met my Tom that way! There'll be a lot of weeding out but some fun too ;)

Am I gonna see you at amy shows this year? I'm in the UK for Rav day (6th June) and Iknit Weekender (sept)

7:42 pm  
Blogger suse-the-slow-knitta said...

change can be a good thing (I just watched an old Numb3rs tonight and Larry said that,so it must be true). Sometimes trying to help organise something can detract from the very thing itself, so I'm glad you are freeing up time to get your hook & needles out.
There may be many frogs out there, but I'm sure that you can tell them to hop it if you need to!

9:19 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

I just left you a comment but Blogger ate it!

Glad you've dealt with sources of unnecessary stress because there won't be time for anything else with all those frogs to sort out!

10:28 pm  
Blogger Alison said...

I'm sad you've gone from the Board, but you are quite right to look after your welfare & go back to OU & have some fun! I'm sure you'll weed out the frogs quite quickly! As for the hunting,shooting,fishing, dogwalking fella sounds like Rob so I'll let him know he's been caught!

See you soon

2:42 pm  
Blogger Joy said...

I'm sorry it came to that, but I hope you are feeling better already!

Shows won't be the same without you.

I shall have to come over your way one of these days. I don't normally venture towards the other side of the Hills, but for you I could make an exception ;-)

4:06 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

If it ain't working its best to part company and move on and I am sure you will find an avenue to share you enthusiatic knitting skills ; you certainly inspire me :)
Good luck with internet dating too ; it will happen when you least expect it(cliche but true !!) I never thought I would ever get married again or even want to !! but I am one happy lady now .
Looking fwd to seeing you at Wonderwool, in whatever guise ;)

5:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home