Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Birmingham - the details


I had a good time at NEC, sitting near the knitted garden with Yvonne, Fred, Amanda, Michelle and Blogless Sue.
I also met for the first time Sue, and Gill and Annette. I also met lots more people but brain drain has happened since then and I've forgotten names, sorry ....



The first two days were relatively easy in terms of knitting advice, then on the Saturday everyone came out of the woodwork. Not much time to think, but we did manage to teach a lot of new knitters.

The best reaction I got was when I gave a knitting kit to a young boy who must have only been 4, when asked if he wanted to knit he gave the broadest smile and said Yes, he went away clutching his kit to his chest.







This is the replacement tortoise, his friend was kidnapped in Glasgow.
When people read the note they were so shocked and went away muttering....
Hillary was also at the show and is responsible for the gnome as well.

It was only on the third day I realised that there was a mouse on the sack of potatoes.

And I still dont have a pattern for the frogs !! But I could have made a small fortune if I had one for sale ;-)





These are Ziggy the Lucet man's feet. During his lunchtime talks some of us moonlighted on his stand - I got told off for knitting when I should have been luceting. I also found out that these are 'show shoes' and have never been worn outside, which explains why they were so difficult to photograph.







And finally what I bought.
More buttons from here
A cord maker and pattern from here
Some paper stamps from somewhere in the hobbycraft hall.










And from one of my favourite shops
Two balls of wool, one partly turned into a baby hat for a friend.
Some anti slip things to stick on socks and a wooden thing to put into a sock to change it into a money saver sock !
And a lucet from Ziggy - now just got to remember how to use it !!




And finally some Freedom multicoloured pure wool.
And my major badness (and I blame this person for it ) She *made* me go and buy it - nothing to do with me not being able to say 'No!!'
The lady I sat next to on the train did enjoy having a fondle of it though ;-)


And now I think I've caught you with myself. Seed planting tomorrow and then orgainising for another trip to Liverpool for Easter - house clearing is something I can do for other people but impossible throwing my own stuff out ....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue I did enjoy meeting you at NEC. That Alpaca you got - I saw the cone - but didn't see the other pack. Is it colour 27 very deep purple? I got the same one later that day.

Have been enjoying a few days off work - back tomorrow - then will get my software to upgrade Mac and will start a blog. I need a name for it though and my brain is too fuzzy to deal with that at the mo.

7:55 pm  
Blogger Fred said...

Sue, do you that person really is a big meanie aren't they. You don't even want to begin to hear about what I'm being pressured into this time!!!

10:20 pm  
Blogger m said...

Hi Sue, where did that delicious purply Freedom yarn come from?
I certainly didn't see it on Thursday.
It was good to see you again.

11:46 pm  
Blogger Wye Sue said...

Freedom wool was from Designer Yarns hidden with all that lovely (not) eyelash stuff...
The other Sue found it and *made* me good and have a look and then it begged to come home with me away from all that horid stuff ;-)

11:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I ever do is give you the opportunity to come out and play - what you play at (and buy) is your own responsibility!!

It was great having your company over the show and I love seeing the photos on your blog as well. I'll keep an eye out for frog patterns - I've just discovered one for snails and sea turtles.

11:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home