Sunday, June 04, 2006

One hundred and Eighty

And I'm not talking darts ;-)





Nora was 100 years old yesterday. I'm friendly with her grand daughter, we try and sell stuff at craft fairs.


She had a huge party, lots of flowers and farmers without their tractors - her son is/was European vintage tractor ploughing champion.





And this is my nextdoor neighbour, Mollie.

She was 80 last Saturday.

She had a surprise party arranged by her daughter.

She really didn't know anything about it, so difficult to keep quiet and not tell her anything...

We were wondering if anyone knew of another birthday party next week....
There was another lady in the village who was 100 the week before, there must be something in the water, or in the air ;-)

And now I'm going to try and finish one of the fronts of a waistcoat. This afternoon I'm going to sit at a table and try and write for three hours, practice exam, real exam a week tomorrow... it's the sitting still for three hours that is bothering me, it's different when I'm knitting but on an uncomfy chair without the use of needles...

2 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

Sounds great fun. I've just come back from a week's holiday in Herefordshire - near Bromyard. What a beautiful part of the country it is. But sadly we didn't stumble upon any 100th birthday parties :-(

7:22 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

good luck for your exam, Sue. Remember to leave some time for knitting as well as revision, as being in a good mood always helps!

11:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home