Friday, July 21, 2006

The Sues do coffee....

... and lunch....and talk about all sorts of things...look at books... compare spun stuff.... and then shop....

Sorry no photos today but I managed to get 17 old buttons for 17p, and book of 'charted Peasant Designs from Saxon Transylvania' and the best find for £1.50 Practical Home Knitting from 1949. Somehow I think I was challenged to make the'warm panties and vest' and I think wear it in the shop....And I quote :

"the problem of cumbersome underwear is solved by a short hip-length vest which does not spoil the line of the slim-fitting panties. Other good features of the vest are a brassiere-top and low back. "

I will post a photo of it soon...

We did have a meaningful discussion about Mr Mole wool that we found with lots of other balls for 99p. I was nearly tempted to buy some in different colours but common sense prevailed !

About some stuff (definetly wasn't wool) to make a scarf...
But the yardage is only 40m, says me Sue.
Yes but it's only 99p says her Sue.
Good point, says me Sue.

And we were good and left it in the shop ;-)

And when someone next asks how I learnt to spin I should just send them here.

Thanks for a good day, we must do it again, I will do some spinning tomorrow, just about to cast a certain top ....

3 Comments:

Blogger Spinningsue said...

I would just like to point out that, other than coffee and lunch, I spent nothing!!!

How good am I?

I think I might be going back to that charity shop to get those 2mm dpns tomorrow though...

9:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loving the sound of the 1949 magazine!

9:42 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

Sounds like you had a great time.

10:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home