Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Party Time

On Saturday I had some friends to stay and here is some of the clear floor - Chivi is still confused far too much floor available to lie on, Dundee is even more confused as he has taken to lying on top of a display cabinet....

We walked down to the nearest pub to sample their beer festival. Lots of comments of are we there yet and I've never been to a village before from cousin Mike... It is only just over a mile walk, past strawberry fields, an old church, and lots of other farmy sights.
Well we decided to have 20 tasters of beer between us - they were smallish glasses. Some were really nice and others were not, and then we had a half of our favourite.
Now when I left home I remembered to pick up some torches, got a bit of a confused look at the time... On the way back they realised why we needed them, there wasn't much moon and if you are used to street lights it can be very dark !! Unfortuatley we didn't see any bats or owls ...


When we got back we had birthday cake for three combined ages of 135, and champagne - greater love for friends that I even let David watch the football results !!

The three of us then opened our presents - cards are to be kept for the right days...


And this is the throw I made for them.
Ab Fab from Colinette.
It was a really quick knit, most of the stuff I've been doing recently has either been sock wool or thin mohair....
There were then lots of discussions as to which room it was going to go into... they've just moved house and have far too many rooms to choose from !!

And on the other knitting front I've managed to do nearly five repeats on the Diamond Fantasy Shawl, not enjoying doing it at all, going to get to eight and then stop.
I'm also just over half way on the Mullberry shawl/wrap for Colinette.
I did some of my James Brett Marble jumper on Sunday morning - stupidly the rest of my knitting was in with sleeping people - see clearing up is bad !!

Set myself a challenge of not casting anything else on until I finish one of the shawls, so the ball of wool of the Swallowtail Shawl from Interweave will have to sit there a little bit longer, and now I know about the stitch miscount on the lily of the valley charts it should be a quick knit !!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

Stitch miscount?? Oh dear, I'm glad I read this before I decided to cast on - is the correction on the Interweave website?

10:37 am  
Blogger gourdongirl said...

Happy birthday when it comes!

6:15 pm  
Blogger Nickerjac said...

Sounds like a great weekend and all that tidying stuff was worth it x

10:08 am  
Blogger Frankie said...

Happy Birthday Wye Sue. The throw looks beautiful - and that certainly is a very clear piece of floor.
Which was the best beer then?

10:27 am  
Blogger Rain said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful party.

The throw is gorgeous.

2:22 pm  
Blogger Badger said...

Sounds like my kind of party with all that beer involved!

Glad you had a great time :)

9:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home