Thursday, August 31, 2006

More Sheep


I did say there was more.....

Found in Tesco some Golden Black Sheep - should have bought some to try, was so excited by finding some different sheep beer forgot - doh !!





Then a picture of sheep on Dartmoor I bought when I was living down in Devon on the edge of the moor.
Sorry about the state of the photo, light is not good...



Some explaining here.... when I left Devon I had a pudding party - dont do the normal expected things !!
One of my friends embroiders sheep, her poor Doris getting into all sorts of troubles, and can often be seen wearing her pretty hat... so she made me this picture :-)

Click on the picture to read caption....







Sorry about the state of the body, I was trying not to laugh but it was difficult....










And if you have even driven through Craven Arms there is this sculpture by the side of the A49.
I've seen it many times but never managed to stop.

So last week just after eight in the morning I did stop - Ruth will be pleased to know I got hooted at whilst taking pictures, dont know whether it was the act of photography, the time or the fact I was wearing the Sheepish T shirt above !!!







And this is a close up of the sheep walking in the sky.

I've no idea why they have sheep, there was no one around to ask...

3 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

It's surprising how many sheep things there are around. I love the sculpture.

11:20 am  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Yey! Good going, and yes I am v.pleased o hear that you got tooted at for taking a picture of that sculpture ;)

Love the embroideries, too!

(I'm desperately trying to get round and see everyone's sheep photos but there aren't enough hours in the day after sleep, knitting, more sleep, spinning, even more sleep....;)

4:07 pm  
Blogger Deborah M. said...

I am here through your secret pal, Katherine who was my spoilee! I had to post because a few years ago we visited Bow, in Devon and Cirencester. Oh gosh, how we fell in love. It's absolutely heaven on earth.

8:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home