Wednesday, October 18, 2006

purchases and presents

It has taken most of the day to get these uploaded... and they are from Harrogate and Ally Pally, so two shops for one post !



First from Gill samples of her Kool Aid day (hope the smell has gone now)
See how orgainised she is.... packets attached to the washing line!!

Really must have a play day with mine that I got from Anna...





The latest book from Sheila Smith.

I went on a course to learn how to make felted boots with Sheila last year and I have collected all of her books - another thing I need to make time to do...











From The Fabric Colour Workshop of Addingham (web site under construction)
A selection of Adrifil yarns, there are 20 balls in the bag that I didn't want to open (in browns and greens)
I thought I might make a jacket and use the interesting for edging...







From Gill at Woollyworkshop

A haul of Cherry Tree Hilll - two thin socks, two thicker socks and a lot of shawl...

















From Piinu

Some carded multi dyed fleece.... something else I'm going to do when I have the time - or I could just go away with my wheel...









Just because......












From Jamiesons... two books


Because someone else was showing her's off (and I dont have to buy everything she does, but she does have good taste !!)









And I got the wool pack to do this jacket...

And I will probably have some left as I will have to downsize.....









And I picked up my copy of Yarn Forward.

And because of someone (again) I got three bag patterns.

I have found it is dangerous to go shopping before shows open with other bloggers (especially when they come away empty handed) and you shouldn't ask to see what others have bought coz it makes you want to get some for yourself.....

10 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

Sue, weren't the possum people sweet?! And persuasive....

But how did I miss out on Yarn Forward?! And that jacket looks pretty neat I must say.

I'd say you got a pretty good haul there, maybe excepting that manky bit of felt that somebody dropped in their beverage ;-)

10:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just because I like it it doesn't mean you have to buy it!

The possum is lovely and I think I may fall for one of their possum/silk stoles in the near future!

You managed to sneak some of those purchases in without me seeing them obviously I wasn't working you too hard!

11:47 pm  
Blogger Nickerjac said...

It didn't mean I didn't go back later in the day, it usually helped by not carrying my purse around with me lol

9:00 am  
Blogger Rain said...

What a haul. I somehow don't think you took that much encouraging.

9:18 am  
Blogger Frankie said...

Love the look of that jacket.

9:56 am  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Excellent stash enhancement!

11:28 am  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Sue doesn't need encouragement at stash enhancement, do you? BTW, the demon Habu buyer has just shared her lot...

7:03 pm  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

You did pretty well seeing as you didn't buy anything on Thursday. We'll have to have a coffee, chat and 'show & tell' session soon. :-)

8:16 pm  
Blogger maylin said...

i bought that Nicky Epstein book too! I look forward to seeing what you make first. I also got some of the Piiku roving. However after listening to Jamie Possum talk about the yarn and how it was absolutely necessary that all those possums had to be killed anyway, I just couldn't bring myself to buy any. Am I just being too squeamish?

8:17 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Oh my !! you did have a great time !! Now I know why I didn't dare go down there. I would have loved to go to Colinette on Sat but unfortunatley can't :( maybe just as well.Enjoy the open day ; we did leave a little behind ;) Diane is just great and we had a great natter ; gather you have some goodies for her also :)

8:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home