Saturday, May 26, 2007

Pleasure and Pain


First the pleasure, this must be one of the best yarns I've ever knitted with - Knitwitches 4ply silk.

Pattern is a thin version of Vine Stitch Wrap from Vogue Shawls on the go.













Socks are finished....

Top of Jitterbug socks


An interesting pooling...





And on the bottom ....











Now my exam is in Bristol and I went yesterday to try and find the hotel - things that would have helped me included taking the address with me.. but I have more of an idea where it is now...

So while in Bristol I had to go to Get Knitted...


I think I have a problem, I was trying to use up sock wool, but due to the space in the stash I had to refill it...



Not sure what the top one is (unlabelled bargain!!)

Bottom is another bargain, thought the two Koigu would make for interesting socks...




Then some unlabelled cashmere jumped into my bag....







And look what I found in the conservatory whilst taking photos, some Colinette Parisenne that matches wonderfully - what do you think to this






And more sock.... the red from the bargain bin...



The others just wanted to cover my feet...



And the main reason for going shopping yesterday....

Addi Lace Needles .... get them quick, they are selling rather quickly !!!



And to help me decide on future foot length a sock guide...


And now I'm off.... I'm not sure when I will be back, I need to study...



Got to get all these into my head by 12 June....



I might be back before then, and if I am I will probably be making less sense than usual !!!







And a calming picture for you.

Water lilies on a non- raining Saturday Pond.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Chashmere and Parisienne look great together.

5:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cash - I mean cash!!

5:44 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

The shawl is gorgeous and such a pretty colour.

I'm sooooooooo jealous of your trip to GK, your haul looks amazing. I've been sending my friend on my behalf and she brings stuff up north for me but it's not the same :(

5:52 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Wow lovely yarn goodies , love the cashmere and Parisienne. There is nothing like seeing all these goodies in the flesh right ? That's why we buy more !!
Great scarf ,done with Knitwiches silk

5:09 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Koigu, Cashmere, Parisienne, loads of sock yarn AND Addi Lace needles?????

That's it...I'm on the next flight.

3:39 am  
Blogger Kat said...

What a lovely bundle of yarns, I bet you spent ages in Get Knitted!!

6:51 pm  
Blogger Kath said...

Wow - great haul makes me really want to get to GK! Love the lace scarf as well - so pretty. Sounds like you had fun at Wonderwool Wales as well - wish I could have gone!

10:42 am  
Blogger Frankie said...

I love the socks with that colour pooling.
Hope the exam went well.

6:51 pm  
Blogger belaybunny said...

The shawl is stunning - I love the colour, so gorgeous. Nice haul from GK too.

4:54 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

You are right it was indeed the lovely Rita in that piccie. Isn't she great ? It was her that taught me to spin last October :) She said she had seen you at Wonderwool and that I had missed you. I do hope we catch each other at Woolfest !!

7:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, stunning yarns. I went to the new GK shop for the first time a cuple of weeks ago. It's stunning. Got some of the Addi Lace needles too and I'm getting some more. they're fab.

9:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home