Sunday, November 18, 2007

Do you remember these ?

Firstly from an old knitting book -

For the young girl ... the seam up the middle is knitted in and there is a very strong gusset !

Yes, they are very like gym knickers that I had to wear only mine were from some very thick material...

And similar to swimming costumes that stretched in the water..

Then we have some dainty knickers.

Pattern was taken from on line - these knitted up very quickly.

There was a worrying lady on the train back from London who sat next to me and wanted to know where the pattern was from because she wanted to knit herself some - she liked pants that covered all !!




And finally some that dont cover anything ...

The pattern was adapted from one on a blog (sorry cant remember which one)

I chickened out doing the icord round the waist





But this is what the back looks like ...

Not very comfy !!

And before anyone asks, no one has worn them and I've no intention of letting anyone either ... the thought of all that chaffing ;-)


And I'm off again today, last show adventure of the season - Harrogate - think it is going to be cold up north so I better do some sensible packing... If you are going to the show do call by the Knitting and Crochet Guild stand and say hello - might even let you touch my knickers !!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

Those look great Sue! Can't imagine wearing them but beautiful even so. Maybe you'll have to wear your woolie knickers in Harrogate to ward off the cold!! Have fun!

12:13 pm  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

They look amazing...but don't they itch? Or do you line the gusset with something?

12:18 pm  
Blogger Frankie said...

Wonderful knickers. If they were a bit itchy, I suppose you could wear the big ones over the top of your ordinary smalls to keep the chills out...

8:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness me Its a long time since i have thought about gussets!! Thank you for answering my question before I asked it! So was it just an academic exercise? Or will you be framing them?

5:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you'll really need ya big knickers in Harrogate this weekend! I live there and it's been blooming cold today! Enjoy the show! ;+) We'll be popping in on Sunday to scoop up what's left!

9:33 pm  
Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

Ooh....those are lovely!!!
But I do agree about the thong....looks a bit uncomfortable ;)

Big Knickers ahoy!!!
Have fun at Harrogate :)

Love
Sarah xXx

8:55 am  
Blogger maylin said...

Have fun in Harrogate and don't let too many people touch your knickers!

10:40 am  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Why, oh wye sue? All very interesting but have I missed something about nicks written in an earlier post? I'm off to look at the rest of your blog a bit closer...

8:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home