Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Have you seen my Knickers ?

A lot of people in Yorkshire have....

And if you have searched and found this page and you are not interested in knitting, may I suggest you click away now !!

These are pictures of the KCG stand for those who missed it...

The left hand wall





And the right hand side ...

Many thanks to Jane for the loan of display items.

And thanks to Sue for pinning it all up (sorry about your finger !)







And the view from the front...

Thank you to all that helped on the stand, those that chatted and those that bought patterns and joined the guild.

It was an enjoyable time, filled with lots of laughter, reminiscing of swimming costumes that didnt hold their shape in water ...

I cant remember when I have laughed so much that I cried so often - and I will post about my present from Mr Woollythoughts soon...


I tried to include some items of Education, Innovation and Preservation, the tag line of the Guild.

Education from Woollythoughts patterns (available from here) They also design puppets and are great company !
Also some mathematical knitting from Leighton Buzzard branch.
Then there were innovation pieces from the AGM competition, and other knitted & crocheted items.
And finally the things that made people stop and stare - knitted knickers, preserving the old patterns of the 40's and a crocheted blanket that my grandmother made, not sure how long ago but it is old...

And if you ever give me some wool for free that you dont like to colour of and doesn't sell, please take this photo as a warning of what might happen ...

Shetland Scanties - grown and spun in the Shetlands and made in Harrogate .. it was late, we hadn't been drinking that much, they were appreciated so much they were on display on the Sunday !

And they let me buy yarn from them as well !!

I was very restrained with my purchases and will post about them soon - the drive home was very time consuming yesterday - mixture of constant drizzle and fog, not good when tired... I've been trying to play catch up today but I dont think I've got too far... and I need to finish things for my secret pal, and then Christmas presents to take up to Liverpool in just over a week - think sewing machine will have to be used, it's a time and motion thing... and for those who commented on the stain glass it's the time I'm lacking not the thought of a new hobby !!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

Goodness, I'm glad I read on, otherwise I'd have thought you were the scarlet woman of the knitting world. sounds as though you had a rgeat time!

1:44 pm  
Blogger Craftydramaqueen said...

The display looks great. I desperately wanted to go to Harrogate but the black dog has got the better of me at the mo. Love the undies!

4:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home