Tuesday, January 22, 2008

visits

Last weekend I went on an adventure.
If I had been a little bit quicker taking this photo the bridge would have been open...
But I wasn't and the tall boat was nowhere near it when I got to the side of the Thames.

And the reason why I was slow was because I was looking at the thirteen towers that make up the Tower of London.




The well recognised middle bit houses a lot of guns and things that caused many injuries...

We spoke to several Beefeaters (did you know that there are 35 of them?) And arrived just as a tour started, very entertaining and informative. (there is talk that they will have to cut all the jokes soon - bad news..)




And on Sunday I went to see a knitting friend.

Punk was pleased to see some friends as well...

I managed not to get too wet whilst away, or since I've been home for that matter.

I do hope it starts to get a bit drier soon the land cant cope with much more rain.

And now I really must do some of the aran jumper - I have a horrid feeling that I will have to unpick the sleeves to have enough yarn....

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jillsknit said...

I MISS LONDON! I used to go over every couple years and I haven't been able to go to Great Britain for several years. If the beefeaters have to quit the jokes I really think the Tower tours will loss something special.
Did you get to the V&A?

1:10 am  
Blogger stash haus said...

Seriously? Who has too much time on their hands that they are concerned about the jokes of the beefeaters? That is really sad. Who can we tourists complain to and protest such a move?

3:46 am  
Blogger MandellaUK said...

Oh no! Why will the beefeaters have to quit their jokes? Not fair and I bet the numbers on the rous will decline dramatically. They make it all come alive.

12:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home