Friday, January 11, 2008

So how many have you got?

Someone asked me the other day how many needles did I have...

Well - you know about the circulars...

I was having a no knitting day yesterday and made a holder for them...

These are the ones not attached to projects..






And then I made a holder for my dpn's

The gap is a set that I used to cast on another sock last night...









And then a very blurred photo of my straights -

The holder was made for me last year by a dear friend...

As you can see I do have a few pairs....

There are some metal/plastic ones around as well - mostly inherited or very bent...

And I do have a set of Denises with lots of extra cables...



I've got a problem with my Monkeys...

This is the amount of yarn I've got left after finishing one...

53 grams (sorry forgot to turn the photo)








And then the weight of the first sock 62 grams...

So they were not meant to be.. and to the frog pond they will go...

I have started another pair in opal (should go further !!)

I've done some spinning this morning and baking and looking at the rain I'm not sure I really want to go outside but I have to - I've arranged to stay at my Auntie's tonight just north of Bristol so I dont have to get up so early tomorrow.... Hope to see some of you at Get Knitted tomorrow :-)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

Have a sneaking suspicion that your needle collection is very modest compared to mine...

Hope you'll have a fabulous time at Get Knitted (envy, envy).

8:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could make them mini-Monkeys!

Have fun at Get Knitted, and take pics for us stay-at-homes.

9:19 pm  
Blogger maylin said...

Like Rosie I think I may have somewhat more needles than that... still yours are much better organised, I am impressed that you made 2 holders in one day. It is such a shame about the monkeys. Were they top down? Could you not just pull out some of the toe and knit it in a contrast, then you would have enough to make the other one the same.

Have fun at GK and stroke some Malabrigo for me.

7:19 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

Sue, tell me about your scales...where from, how much...how long ago? Please...I need some because I've found out the hard way that I didn't have enough yarn!

7:45 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

Sorry...forgetting my manners here.

Please.

Thank you.

7:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home