Sunday, January 13, 2008

Get Knitted

Yesterday saw a mass shop at Get Knitted. I managed to be one of the first to get there and get a seat of one of the sofas, and being remote from my camera didn't take any photos until late in the afternoon..

As you can see we had a good time - there were bags everywhere...







And the usually clear tables were covered with knitting, cake and patterns....












And more bags littered the floor round the other table/sofa...

There were people from all over - Wormhead came from London, Mary from Long Eaton, Kate from Somerset. Others (whose names I cant remember, sorry) came from Hampshire, Devon, Cornwall, and there were some locals.. Thanks to Terri for suggesting it - a good day was had by all !!











And for ages this was all that I bought... two pairs of very thin needles... I have a habit of bending needles and can knit lace easier on straight - so the plan is to eventually cast on the WRS (for the third or fourth time) and try and get past the first few rows...








And the someone mentioned that there was a box of variegated yarn out the back...
Dave was persuaded to bring it in... and we jumped - I have been looking for some for a while and this jumped me...





And I think it goes well with the cone I was gifted a while back....

Not sure of which pattern to use, think I might do another of the cardi pattern but with my own design...

And now I must go and try and finish that aran jumper - only the front to go, and then I can knit with some nicer yarn :-)



Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

sounds like a great day out and those 2 yarns look excellent together

12:38 pm  
Blogger m said...

It's just as well that I had gone before the Kauni showed up.
It would have been hard to resist. Not having the temptation seems much better!

1:07 pm  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

looks like you had a great time:) I love the yarn and look forward to seeing the finished item:))

1:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now where have I seen that yarn before?

Looks like you all had a great day out and good luck with the WRS

1:54 pm  
Blogger maylin said...

I applaud your self restraint!

3:26 pm  
Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

Ooh......glad you had fun, Mrs :)
I wanted to go....but it was a real trek from Leicester on public transport.
Managed to get my Knitpicks Harmony order in on tinternet though, before you lot descended....hehehehe


Love
Sarah xXx

6:39 pm  
Blogger stash haus said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful day. I'd never get out of that shop with only needles. I visited that shop - traveling from London to spend the day there this past summer. That's beautiful yarn - what's the brand?

Thanks so much for the package - it is beautiful. What do you suggest? Perugino? I've seen that on other blogs. I tried looking up the pattern on Ravelry, but couldn't find the pattern.

3:51 am  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

YOu are a very very wicked woman you. Having waved that luscious red kauni yarn around I just had to go rummage myself - and one skein just not enough so i had to have two. Not to mention all that ribbon tape that you sent me home with. shame on you! and ta very much like.
It WAS a lovely day wasn't it?

12:33 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

My, my, my...that red is just gorgeous and paired w/the blue?!?!
I am drooling over here!!!!

9:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home