Sunday, April 13, 2008

Random Question

Every now and again nextdoor phones me up with strange requests.

Recently I've been asked for treacle at 10pm. (which I did have)

Todays question was worse... 'have you got a spare door handle?'

'Might have' said me...

A little while later I'd extracted the box of bits left under the stairs from the previous owner (nearly four years ago).

Not only did I have one handle, it matched the one I took off her door and now the door closes !!!

This does cause me a few problems - not only did I have one handle (why only one ?? who buys an odd number - I haven't checked but I think that I do have handles on each side of every door in the house...)
I could find it within minutes of the request.
It matched the one that was broken.

Now I'm just wondering what the next 'have you got......' question will be.

Wednesday Wye will be late this week - I'm off to the Capital of Culture (lucky me!!) but I will be having some fun going round Powys Castle with the gardener on the way....

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger suse-the-slow-knitta said...

I think "nextdoor" is involved in some comlicated dare game, and if you keep giving her the stuff she requests she will be winning tons of stuff from her fellowgamers. The third request will be evenmore obscure...like do you have a signed copy of a book by JR Hartley?

10:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Either that or she is desperate for you to invite her for tea and a chat. Why don't you offer to teach her to knit? You'll either have a friend for life or she'll never bother you again!

9:44 am  
Blogger pocketsize said...

I love doing that. There is just so much satisfaction in being able to answer weird requests like that. I am better at doing so with information, although I always try to carry enough random objects in my handbag for any eventuality.

10:45 am  
Blogger Alison said...

The last 2 random things I was asked for were easy for us knitters...
a)do I have pre-war swimsuit knitting pattern?
b)yarn made of paper?
Yes I had both, but haven't we all? No-one asks me for the sort of stuff required in your twilight zone!

12:30 pm  
Blogger Nic said...

LOL. I am the neighbour with the strange requests, I'm afraid. The last I had was 'Do you have a crow-bar?' My friendly neighbour did ;)

4:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home