Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wonderwool

Last week was spent rushing round finding things and putting things away so there was room for visitors to sleep without the threat of landslides. There was also several visits to the vets - the boy has got a thyroid problem and needs to have tablets every day - so far we have managed it but he has to go back next week for more blood tests..

Thursday I went to Get Knitted - did you know that they are doing individual ends of Harmonies and separate cords ?


Friday saw us going over to Builth Wells to set up the knitting and crochet guild stand.

Daffy was already sewn onto a cloth (do not worry she can come off easily..)

Even though I say it myself she looked wicked !!

Saturday was so busy it was untrue - I did have some voice left by the time I got home but not much.
Sunday was quieter, and I was glad it was as I just wanted to go to sleep but then. There are some photos taken of me on the Sunday (I'm not going to tell you where they are, but I dont take a good photo at the best of times !!)
I was relatively good with purchases - I managed to get rid of a toaster (yes, you did read that right) and a lot of stash (thank you Eirwen). And stall holders like cake and can give yarn in return :-)
Most of the bags that came home were for spinning - 1.5kg of Kevin the alpaca, lots of sample bags for spinning, a flick carder and a mini ninny noddy.
The only yarn I did buy was in a kit for a shawl and will probably be a present...

And to be totally silly (or should that be bonkers, do-lally) I got a needle felting kit for a fairy..

Over the weekend I did 450 miles of driving, ate a lot of scotch eggs and ice cream and didn't drink enough water !!


Daffy has just been retrieved from the car - this was the sky for most of yesterday ... in between hail storms..

And guess what - the thunder has arrived again so I'm going to unplug and hide with the cats..

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

I've just come back from the vets with our old girl, she's just had blood tests (kidneys, thyroid and am awaiting results.

The display looks fabulous; hope it wins lots of new recruits.

10:55 am  
Blogger suse-the-slow-knitta said...

Your daffodil shawl is absolutley amazing, I hope you wear it sometime! If you dont mind I've pasted a link to your blog on my blog for the shawl as I'm dazzled by it.

11:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home