Sunday, November 09, 2008

Great Uncle Kenneth




This sits on my mantlepiece.

It was always on display at my grandparent's house.

Kenneth was my Grand fathers big brother.














He was in the Seaforth Highlanders.

There are only a few photos of him, this one in his kilt - there is another with fellow soldiers, they have plain coverings over their kilts to protect.

I would love to know his story all I know is from the Commonwealth War Graves Commission War Commissions website.









In Memory of Second Lieutenant KENNETH WILLIAM ALLAN DUNCAN

10th Bn., The King's (Liverpool Regiment)attd. 6th Bn.,
Seaforth Highlanderswho died age 23on 08 May 1918

Son of the Rev. George Allan Duncan and Lilian Susan Duncan, of The Parsonage, Weston Point, Runcorn, Cheshire.

Late of Lloyd's Bank, Liverpool.

Remembered with honour ARRAS MEMORIAL




Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger suse-the-slow-knitta said...

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them"

God bless Great Uncle Kenneth

12:56 pm  
Blogger Phoebe said...

Hi,

This is probably quite weird, but I've been looking up some family history for my Grandma and your Great Uncle Kenneth is my Great Great Uncle Kenneth. His sister Ruth is my Grandfather's mother, but I never knew he had another brother. My grandfather was called Ronald Alexander Saunders, and I believe he may have been named after your Grandfather after looking into it, so I can't work out how we never him (could just be that my Grandma never mentioned it though, I've never been great at listening). Anyway, it's really nice to see photos and stuff because I don't have anything from the Duncan family, it'd be great if you have anymore information to share and vice versa... Thanks, Phoebe

1:25 pm  
Blogger Wye Sue said...

Hi Phoebe,

If you would like to email me I can give you some more family info.
My email is wyesue at gmail dot com

I remember Ruth coming over to see us when I was small - we lived in Liverpool and she got the boat over. I dont think that I met either of her sons.

I've got photos of her visit and I inherited all the family stuff from my grand parents.

look forward to hearing from you, Sue

1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home