Monday, June 08, 2009

Nasty Foot & Pretty Yarn

When I went to Liverpool I had got more than I expected...

This is my foot four days after I was bitten by an insect on my arrival on Friday afternoon...

It was itchy, swollen, red and not very nice at all - after a week it has now returned to 'normal'...







And I found out that I can spin with a cold compress on my foot....

This is the batt I brought at Skipnorth ...all spun up and ready to be transformed into a jumper

Once my yellow lace collar is completed it will be on the needles...






And then I decided that I needed to spin something 'interesting'

This is plied with sequins - not that many but they are bright pink....









And this is fibre that is wrapped round a core of cotton....














And my favourite.....

Yarn with bells on :-)


And now I'm off to try and design a shadow knitted sheep, with a bit of luck it will look vaguely sheepish and people will enjoy making a flock at Woolfest...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

Ouch, that looks painful - hope it's fully healed up now.

Love the idea of yarn with bells on

9:22 pm  
Anonymous Rachel said...

A skein for a morris dancer surely????

Poor foot, how horrid.

10:26 pm  
Blogger suse-the-slow-knitta said...

ouch! did you take any antihistamine to reduce the swelling? (its available as a cream as well as to take internally)

this is the first UK rav injury I've heard of- poor you

11:07 pm  
Blogger Fred said...

Yeurk definitely don't like the look of that foot :( Hope it doesn't linger around.

Bells on yarn - are you going to revive the craze I started at Harrogate in 2006?

12:03 am  
Blogger Heather said...

Ouch! Hope the foot is on the mend now.

Have a fantastic time at Woolfest.

2:35 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Ouch: poor old nasty hurty foot. The yarns look brilliant, though, especially the one with the purple bells.

5:01 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Bit of phlebitis there methinks.

Love that arty farty spinning!

1:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home