Saturday, April 04, 2009

My favourite animals (not)

Herefordshire is known for bulls, strawberries and now horses.

I didn't realise when I moved here that there was a big racing stable nearby - in my defence the gallops are hidden behind tall hedges... I should have realised something was going on when I kept on meeting very tall horses being taken for rides three abreast in the lanes....

And now one of those horses that I keep meeting has won the Grand National... do you think the jockeys will start to wear florescent jackets when they are out exercising ?

You might tell from this that I'm not a great horse lover - I think the French have the best idea...

I have been knitting since I returned from Skipnorth - it is yellow, it is fine, it is for Anne, it will be finished soon... Tomorrow if it is nice I might be dyeing up some of the yarn I bought - dont think I will be able to get out - too many people coming to see a horse and blocking the lane (and I wont even begin to share my rant about that !!)

Question of the week 'how do you feel about chickens?' And you can probably guess that my answer was not what they were expecting !!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger suse-the-slow-knitta said...

aw! horses are fab! enjoy the brief moment of fame while it lasts!

7:42 pm  
Blogger MandellaUK said...

Chickens? They are very tasty, especially when large, roast, organic and free-range.

As for horses, I'm not too fond either. I've always been slightly scared of them.

12:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm.. dont mind the horses.. more the people around the horses that I might have a problem with.
IDA

5:24 pm  
Blogger Nic said...

Urgh. I have similar feelings about them (and their riders for that matter!). I used to be coming home from work at dusk, driving through the forest, would come around a corner and there would be two or three horses and riders pottering around like they owned the place and shouting at ME for having the discourtesy to be using the road. Fancy. Cars on roads! Then there was the old man and his horse and cart near Redbrook!
There are plenty of fields, ride them in the fields.
As for the cars blocking the road; start charging. People will think its some quaint tradition ;)

7:55 pm  
Blogger Joy said...

Oh Sue - why the long face ;-)

Horses are fab. I always wanted a pony when I was little, but that was probably due to reading too many Jill books!

12:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home