Monday, June 22, 2009

Woolfest planning


We have a van to sleep in, but it is not very big so an awning has been purchased - it is huge (and so is my front garden luckily!!)


The dog seemed to like it as well which is good !!

The neighbours were a bit confused, but we were good entertainment for them on a boring Sunday afternoon :-)





I'm going to be on the Kindred Knitters stand at Woolfest.

One of the demos that I will be doing is shadow knitting.

It is not the easiest thing to photograph but hopefully you can see what is hiding in the scarf that is going to be in the sheep auction (a bit of a hint there!)




And this is a shot of them hiding..



My job for today is to finish the scarf - another three sheep required and then do a sample for the demo.





I'm starting my Woolly adventure tomorrow afternoon (once I've made lots of cake)

I've checked the space in the van and there is lots, and I get to sit in the back with my feet up and knit all the way north - not been able to do that for many a year !!



And if anyone wants to make a sheep while I'm gone here are the instructions:



Shadow Knitted Sheep.

Shadow knitting is an illusion effect where patterns appear when viewed from different angles. For each charted row four rows are worked, two in each colour.

Cast on 24 stitches in background colour, then follow chart below.
Each row on chart represents four rows as follows:

Knit all stitches in background colour.
Knit blank squares, purl X squares in background colour.
Knit all stitches in sheep colour.
Purl blank squares, knit X squares in sheep colour.

Cast off.


Notes:

All the counting is done from the wrong side

Each row on the chart represents four rows to be worked.

Row ‘sets’ and stitches are numbered on the chart.

(Hopefully you can click on the chart to make it readable - if not if you Rav or email me your email address I can email the full instructions on my return)

If anyone is at the show, please come and say hello - we have been promised lots of chairs so you can rest your feet at the same time !!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

That is one big awning!! How many of you are there? We have bought a new tent for the summer. Michael insists that it isn't too big. It has sleeping for 6 people then 10m2 of living space!! Its going to be more roomy than our house I think.
I'll see you at Woolfest!!

9:31 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Have a good time - is Neil going too then?
Excellent (shy) sheepies.

12:52 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Great awning and cool sheep. Hope you'll have a wonderful time!

7:07 pm  
Anonymous Georgina (remote knitter) said...

Hee hee - a knitting passenger for a change - revel in it!!!!!

8:01 pm  
Anonymous Karen said...

Not sure how I reached your blog! That shadow knitting is sooooo cool. Thanks for the lesson in it! I like your tent. Looks like you'll be dry, anyway! Have fun!

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home