Tuesday, September 08, 2009

photos for friends

Sorry I've been missing for a while... things have been very busy... cant totally remember what I've been up to but lots of knitting and spinning has happened, decorating, and clearing out, helping my neighbour move (a frightening experience, I now want to clear out everything from my house that I dont need..) And I have just come back from nearly three weeks away with TutleyMutley cruising around the Baltics.

More details later on what we got up to but here are some of the nearly 800 pictures I took..



In Copenhagen there is a statue of a fishwife so this is for Isabella
















Then just to show you how bizarre some of the Russian dolls are - look at the second shelf - I had to open the one of Ozzy,and it did have smaller ones, I stopped at the third...

It was 8.30am in St Petersburg - strange place Russia...







I managed to take a picture of the Russian Police - they do like a smoke...

This is by the square next to the Hermitage - a huge art gallery










For Lixie - I think this shop was in Amsterdam (but I may have got that wrong... been to so many countries in the last few weeks)











For all Londoners a red bus.

I think this was Helsinki, but it could have been in Stockholm, both were lovely places, both were wet, both we landed away from the city and had to walk or get a bus ...









For Gill - a statue wearing a plastic bag. It was near the red bus so Terri will have to remind me where it was....










And for Rosie, a frog holding up a building - this was in Helsinki in the rain next to a square with a post office...










And another for Rosie - in Russia they have red squirrels - we were excited, this one ran right up to me... the Americans with us didn't understand why we were jumping around until we explained about their evil grey squirrels...

I did suffer from major dizziness while I was away, mainly when on dry land - my head has been better today so I'm hoping that the worse is over and my ears are getting used to being on land.

I'll try and post again soon with some of my purchases and a most wonderful unexpected birthday present I got today....

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

How weird is this....we (Sue K and I) were only just wondering this afternoon if you were still blogging...and here you are, popped up large as life!

Glad about that!

Your ears were burning last week as well. Now who did I talk to about you? I know! Marion Postlethwaite! Hey...everybody knows WyeSue...

Sounds like you had a great time and can't wiat to read more. In the meantime, surprise presents must mean a special day around now, in which case Mini Hippo Returns, Hippo Bathday or whatever.

Good to have you back. We missed you.

10:47 pm  
Blogger Sue Krekorian said...

Yep, I concur with my learned friend! We missed you and I'm delighted that you are still alive and blogging!

12:32 am  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Lol...she's a very determined looking fishwife, isn't she? Thank you for the picture!

I was just wondering about you and Tutley the other day. We need lots of pictures and lots of blogging about this cruise, you know.

7:40 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

Looks brilliant: how was the knitting part of the cruise? Love the frog and most decidedly envious of your red squirrel sighting.

And I agree with Isabella: we need loads of blogging about the cruise!

11:53 am  
Anonymous Georgina said...

Yay! You're back! I am so glad you have been having fun! Great pics.

1:23 pm  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

welcome back and happy birthday:)

5:57 pm  
Blogger Sue Krekorian said...

Hope you had a good time celebrating your birthday xxx

8:03 pm  
Blogger Crayola said...

I see what you see is different than what I see at sea with you. But I love what you see!

2:44 am  
Blogger littlelixie said...

Yay - I got a picture!!!! Love it - thanks toots. Hope you had a good time. Would love to see more pics and hear about it.

4:59 pm  
Blogger Jane said...

What fun pictures. Love the frog holding up the building!

9:02 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

The statue wearing the plastic bag (very IN) was to be seen in Helsinki. I have over 400pics - and you have more than me!
X

8:32 pm  
Blogger StickLena =KnitLena said...

Hi,
Until I visited UK for the 1st time in the early 90ties, I did not know there were any but red squirrels... when I saw a grey one in a park I thought it was a very old one...

9:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home