Thursday, October 22, 2009

Local Wildlife

My dizzy ear sea sickness lasted into October - nearly seven weeks of feeling drunk was not a pleasant experience ! The doctor told me not to go on a boat again, advice that I had already figured out for myself !!



Now that I'm on dry land (and have a day at home) I thought I would update this poor blog...


We went out for lunch at a local pub by the side of the Wye last week. Noticing a huge number of swans on the river we decided to take a closer look on the way home... this is some of the 50 that I counted !!

















And a lone one showing off - there is a reason for his puffed look....





















It wasn't the cat who was enjoying some fuss when we got home..... one of these days he will fall off the step and roll into the pond...


















This was the worry for the swan - if you click to enlarge you should be able to see an otter swimming in the river !!



He was not easy to photo, but did enjoy diving and resurfacing where you didn't expect him to...



We think we saw his holt, so might go and sit and wait to see him again....

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Sue,
Thank you for sharing your blog. What beautiful photographs and beautiful areas.
Love, Sandy

10:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home