Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Busy busy busy

Less than three weeks to go until the wedding....
Things were looking very disorganised this morning, but I've been busy rushing round and doing..

Flowers are ordered, not very subtle, I'm hoping for some amazing clashing of colours, gerberas in a mixture for buttonholes for all the guests - sounds extravagant but there are only going to be 20 of us !

And I have been baking and knitting:

When I came up with the idea of having knitted muffins as well as real ones, Tutley Mutley was with me. Terri very kindly offered to knit some for me, I have managed a few as well...

We measured and decided on a size for the knitted ones - when I put them on the stand I noticed that the knitted ones are considerable larger than the edible ones...

At least it should be more obvious which are which...










This is the first batch iced and ready to freeze.

So on the morning of the wedding they just have to be taken out and arranged on the stand

I'm trying to do something very different for the top tier, but being challenged with tension, and a small dog....







And once the muffins were iced they took on a more rustic look....

Think I got carried away with the amount of icing....


I've still got my trousers to make, but that is a job for tomorrow.

I've also been suffering from an ear infection for the last month, so far I've had drops, antibiotics and now I've got a spray - doctor thinks it has gone to my middle ear, hopefully it will be gone soon, I am getting lots of knitting done in the waiting room....

Himself's house is on the verge of being ready to go on the market - it will be ready before the wedding. I will only be working on it this week, landing and large sitting room to wall paper. Then I will have two weeks of calm sorting myself out and making space for a man and a small dog in my house....

I will try and share a few more wedding things soon

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cakes look fab. You won't know what to do with yourself after all the excitement is over!

Rachel

7:06 pm  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

looks good:0 hope youa re feeling better. Need to ring you want to see if I can borrow the knickers:)))

7:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love weddings - have had two of my own (and loved every minute of each of them at the time) - no matter whether I know the person well or not. I'm a bit of a lurker, and met you briefly at Harrogate some years back but I just wanted to wish you all the very best for your wedding and for your future together. Please post some pics on here after the happy day!
ScottieJill (on Rav)

10:28 pm  
Anonymous Georgina (remoteknitter) said...

I am soooooooo happy for you - I expect your wedding will be as individual and wonderful as can be!!! Love the cakes - hope no-one like my mother is attending as she would quite happily down a bit of garter stitch as long as she thought it was cake!!

4:33 pm  
Blogger littlelixie said...

Exciting times! Hope it all goes well x

7:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your big day and try not to overdo it before. You don't need to be tired or poorly. I hope the ear infection has cleared by now

Ali x

10:49 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

There was more rising stuff in the knitted cakes.

5:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home