Saturday, April 08, 2006

Busy getting dirty

First the clean knitting ....

I've finished knitting my squirrel for the knitted garden, also knitted two ducks - look like road-kill at the moment, will sew them together soon. Having to adapt chickens as they were too small. Also found a pattern for a watering can !

I have been asked to knit a shawl for a friend's grandthing due end of May, each week she reminds me how many weeks I've got to finish it... think were are now at seven or six weeks and I'm hoping that Mum keeps her legs crossed until pass the due date... Need to do 50 repeats and currently on 10. At least it will get rid of a lot of my stash, about 14 balls of white.....

And the dirty bit...

Also been playing with compost - in the conservatory there are lots of sweet peas, five different types of pepper, seven types of tomato, three of cucumbers, melons, lots of basil.... None of them are showing their heads yet but hopefully will show soon :-)
Spent most of the day in the veg plot, or rather what will be veggies eventually. Pulled the last of my carrots. Found rather a lot of weeds, anyone want any buttercups and nettles before I burn them ?
I've also painted some of the shed, in an effort to try and save it. Plan is to cover the outside with roofing felt so I dont have to get a new one.

And now I'm off to have a shower, and sit and watch dvds whilst knitting shawl - will take its photo when it is big enough to cover a baby ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Dirty..you tease! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. I've perked up and am not feeling quite so sorry for myself!! Leo did help. :) I LOVE the knitted garden...I've seen pics before but it is SO beautiful. I'm glad there is a replacement turtle.

11:03 pm  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Soundsa like an excellent sort of day to be having. I wish I got to do days like that. :-(

2:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home