Sunday, April 09, 2006

Rain stopped play...

I was outside again getting even more dirty than yesterday, came in for a lunch break and then the heavens opened so I ended up doing some housework...My type of housework is going and counting how much four ply I have....






These are some of the last of Colinette four ply - all roughly 250g each and cost £3 each....
There are seven of them and only one is a really bright pink, dont know why ot came home with me as it is not my colour, must have been overcome with bargain shopping!








Next we have more Colinette mainly on cones - Olympic jumper was knitted from some of this... only the cones for that were hiding somewhere else...








And finally plain colours - there are twenty one different colours here.
And the most I have is 850g of the rusty orange at the front.


Assuming that a cone weighs 30g, I have approx 13,800g of four ply ( I know I've got more but this was all that was on the spare bed...And from the weight of my Olympic jumper this is enough for 35 jumpers....


And now sun has just come out so I'm going outside again to think how long it will take me to knit that many jumpers and who do I know that likes bright pink.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Wobby said...

Nice blog...Keep it up!!

4:04 pm  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

I like your kind of housework! Gorgeous colours in that yarn.

Thanks for offering me a seat in your car if you go to Woolfest. I've found a far better accommodation site and there is lots more than I first realised. Not depressed now!

10:37 pm  
Blogger m said...

Me, Me, Me, I like bright pink!
Did I tell you that I found your blog after we were at the NEC the other week?

10:40 am  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Definitely the right kind of housework ;)

6:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home