Monday, July 24, 2006

Can you see my Melons?



This is the first year I've managed to get fruit.

There are three fairly small melons on the plants, will have to wait a few months to taste them...

This is the mystery yellow courgette that planted itself by the pond.

Can you see the problem I'm going to have soon...

How do I pick them without falling in the water...

And this is one of the reasons the mole pattern hasn't been finished...
This is the start of the Basalt top from Knitting Nature. The whole hexagon is the front and the other is the underarm - side. I'm going to do it differently from the pattern, going to put half hexagon at the side instead of the whole ones.

And this is the other reason moley will have to wait..
There is a man in Yorkshire stuck in a cellar. He is also knitting this. I found it yesterday and thought I'd do a few rows... I was upto row 126 when I found it now it is upto row 154.. dont know what happened to yesterday.... or this morning....
But I do know what is going to happen tonight....

And today's post was brought to you by the colour GREEN....

7 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

Lovely green produce, especially the shawl. I'm wondering what you're knitting it in - the colours look Colinettish.

8:27 pm  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

Falling in the water could be a good idea at the moment. It would be nice and cool! :-)

Has Fred bribed you?

8:49 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Hmm, you've obviously got beyond row 95! (or oak, plus 2 lots of wool and some paper...which will only make sense to poeple like Sue who've read my blog!)

11:11 pm  
Blogger Fred said...

Hmm yes well I'll have you know I'm back up from the cellar as I've found an infestation of moles!!

11:17 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

Basalt looks really interesting to make.

The shawl is absoloutley stunning and looks great in that yarn.

11:42 pm  
Blogger Piglottie said...

You lucky thing (or should that read very clever thing) to have succeeded growing your own melons, although in this weather they should do well. I love the colour of the shawl - please let us know what the gorgeous yarn is!

12:10 pm  
Blogger Holly said...

Produce looks great. It's been so hot, no wonder they're growing. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Your lace is lovely.

3:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home