Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday Sky



Not an ideal day for taking photos of views.
Still very hot,and no rain :-(
A hazy sky from the bathroom window.
I was hoping that the sky would be a bit more interesting as the day progressed but its not changed since first thing ....



Now a choice....Camiknickers for the teenage girl...

It was worth getting this book for the descriptions alone !
' The ideal underwear for the youthful, cleverly combining the warmth of wool, the daintiness of a lacy stitch, and the comfort of a one-piece garment. The ribbed waistband ensures a perfect fit'

Firstly she doesn't look that youthful to me.
Comfort of a one piece garment - obviously never goes to the loo....
Perfect fit -length from neck edge at centre front to crutch 24in.
No other measurements given....



Or, Warm panties and vest for a slim silhouette....


"the problem of cumbersome underwear is solved by a short hip-length vest which does not spoil the line of the slim-fitting panties. Other good features of the vest are a brassiere-top and low back. "

This is made in 5oz of 2 ply.
It does have more measurements - vest fits a 32 - 34in bust and is 18.5 inches long.
Panties back length to top of leg 15 inches.
front leg to top of leg 13.5 inches.
Width round widest part 38 inches.

If I was to make and wear these I would have to continue with my diet and loose at least another stone and not just the half stone. And if I lost that much I would look ill, so would probably need to have some warm undies.... Think I've either just talked myself into making them or staying the same weight, cant work it out !

I would also like to say that I have quite a lot of old patterns and if push comes to shove I can (and will) make similar and send them out to new homes. And dont worry about the sizes I can use thicker yarn bigger needles as required, or thinner got some silk that was going to be a WRS before the bag of doings hid in the box of wip's and soon starts... Now who would like a set???

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

The World's only 30 year old teenager !

9:53 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've got several of these old knitting books and think the underwear patterns are incredible! I wore hand knitted vests and socks as a child and can remember how itchy they were (and I suffered from eczema, not surprising really!)

7:40 am  
Blogger Rain said...

Old patterns are hilarious. I'll leave the knitted underwear to you.

10:48 am  
Blogger susoolu said...

Oh, good grief, what a sight to greet me on a Sunday morning!

Glad to hear the moles are coming along - can't wait for the patterns.

11:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home