Friday, July 28, 2006

Let the blocking begin...

...Tomorrow
I've just finished knitting the Northwest shawl :-)
Now I've 'just' got to wash and block it. That will be a job for tomorrow when there should be pictures, at the moment it's sitting next to me in a pile. It took three balls 15g of hand dyed cobweb from Jamieson & Smith that I got at Harrogate last year.
Question is what do I make with the other three balls ? Northwest said it needed 1100 yards but I used 3.50mm instead of the 4mm in the pattern.

And something that amused me.
There is a 'Promises Auction' this weekend in the village. One of the lots is:
'Night in the lambing shed with Mr Farmer'...
It doesn't say what he will be doing in the shed, and after helping lambing last year it's a messy thing, happens when it's cold, and very new born lambs are not that pretty - give them a week and then they are cute....

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

Hmm, "Mr Farmer" sounds very dodgy to me, or is that just my dirty mind? On much saner note, Lixie has got the new SkipNorth dates up. am hoping to make it, how about you?

9:58 pm  
Blogger Fred said...

OOOO you can go off people you know. I'll be charging you room and board fees btw

10:29 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

Mmmmmm and great with mint sauce ;)

Can't wait to see the finished shawl.

9:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home