Sunday, July 30, 2006

Let them eat cake....

or want to buy lots tomorrow in Ross.

I was asked to make some cakes for a coffee morning for Air Ambulance, so this is what I made...



Working on the principle if you haven't got it you cant sell it....

And the recipe for most of the cakes makes 4 per bowl and my oven can cook 8 at once...

I got it a bit wrong with the ginger bread, I doubled the recipe twice, which made 10 cakes.



Basic cake recipe:
275g sugar
350g marg
5 eggs
450g flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
tip of liquid

flavours :
lemon drizzle, orange drizzle - zest added to cake mixture, juice and sugar mix poured over hot cakes.



banana - 4 mashed added to mixture
double chocolate - cocoa & chocolate chips
and a new favourite coffee & walnut : very strong coffee (think it was 6 teaspoons of coffee solution) and a packed of walnut pieces.

Makes 4 1lb loaves, cook at 180C, for 35 minutes



And these are the second batch of coffee & walnut cooling down ready to be bagged.
In front are loaf inserts and the foil trays that I use for cake tins. Both from Lakeland.

Total cake count for the day:
10 Gingerbread
8 Lemon Drizzle
8 Coffee And Walnut
4 Orange Drizzle
4 Double Chocolate
4 Banana

Lets hope the sun shines and the good people of Ross want to fill their freezers with cake ;-)

10 Comments:

Blogger blueadt said...

Mmmm delicious. I make tray bakes for DD's school & line a roasting tin with tin foil & then treat it like a huge cake tin. I bet your house smells fab!

12:12 am  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

I'm not a big cake eater but those pics made my mouth water! How lucky are the good people of Ross?

6:08 am  
Blogger Gill said...

Good grief, Sue! I thought making 150+ macaroons yesterday was quite a triumph. I've now stepped down off that pedestal to make room for you - I hope that they all get sold for oodles of money.
Air Ambulance is a great cause to support too.

3:06 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

They look fabulous. I'm sure they'll sell well.

6:42 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Yummy! 'nuff said (drool).

6:52 pm  
Blogger Corrie said...

mmm yum, I am known for my baking but never on that scale - very impressive

9:07 pm  
Blogger Knitting@number9 said...

Yummy! Those look delicious. I wish I lived nearer to Ross - I'd be down there like a shot and buy the lot.Going to have to mop out my keyboard from all the drooling!

6:11 pm  
Blogger Angie said...

Indeed a great cause ...it's pathetic that these desperately needed live-savers come second to bombs .

6:59 pm  
Blogger Fred said...

If you have spares I have a mole here who's hungry.....

11:27 pm  
Blogger Nickerjac said...

ok feeling brave am off to attempt to cook a bannana cake x

3:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home