Saturday, July 29, 2006

Saturday Sky



This was the view out of the bathroom window about an hour ago.
A small bit of blue sky and some blackish clouds....

And now this is a similar view.....

It's raining :-)))

Not sure how long it will last for but the veg will like it, and it's gone cooler.
The weather man has just said it should be 'normal' temperatures next week, then I think it might get hot again.... better knit quickly ...


DON'T LOOK FRED !!!


It's smaller than it should be, but that's fine by me. 30inches from top to bottom of the point if it was the 40 inches it would drown me...

It was on the needles for a long time, think it was cast on at the begining of the year - I know it went to Skipnorth with me....

In the end I enjoyed finishing it (even in the heat) The i-cord edging was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, picked up all the stitches on a circular rather than 10 - 20 at a time as the pattern said..

And I've signed up for Lace swap.

Now do I try and finish some more wips or do I just have to cast on another shawl....

7 Comments:

Blogger Piglottie said...

What a beautiful shawl, and I love the colour!

3:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just gorgeous, I love the colour!

6:29 pm  
Blogger Knitting@number9 said...

Your shawl looks stunning - lovely colour too. Can't wait to see what you cast on next!

7:28 pm  
Blogger Badger said...

That's so pretty!

9:43 pm  
Blogger Fred said...

Tooooooo late. Am going to post my shawl to you for you to cure the few rows for me :)

11:23 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

The shawl is breathtakingly beautiful.

Ooo rain, lol, who would have thought we'd have been begging for it in the middle of summer.

10:44 am  
Blogger gourdongirl said...

WOW that looks really beautiful. I bought this pattern when i was at Woolfest and its on my "to do" list, along with lots of other stuff!!!!!

11:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home