Monday, December 10, 2007

Dont believe all you read...

In magazines...
This is from Women's Weekly dated 11 December.
You will have to click on it to read the details...

Now as far as I am concerned I was asked to design and knit this in June when the 'lady' mentioned was not even in the country...

I can tell you which patterns were used as inspiration for the shaping, show you the file stored on my desktop from 18 June...

Now if her surname had not been used but the company name I would not have minded - I know that it not the magazine's fault as they will have only printed what they were told to. I also know that there is no point in me phoning up and saying something...

I dont even want to see my name in print, it is just the principle of someone else taking credit for something they did not do or even know about - and by the look of it no one has reknitted the garment (if they had they would have realised that it takes about a week for the dye to wash off their hands !!)

So I'm not a happy bunny. Friends that used to work there are even less happy.
I have decided never to go to the Mill Shop again - I will meet up with people outside if asked (and that includes going to their 'close out' sale whenever that happens)
I know that in the last year there has been a lot of staff leave, most have not been replaced. If anyone has any knitting queries there is no one left that can answer them.

And now I feel better for sharing, all I ask is for people to think before they buy - do you really want to do business with a company that treats people in such a way ?

And if I were you Knitwitches and Silkwood have a lot nicer yarns (and the colour doesn't come out while you are knitting)

My flu did take a long time to leave me, thanks for all the messages.

I'm now having problems finding my knitting mojo - I only have one present left to knit, problem is that it is an aran jumper for my brother - but speaking to him last night he said that he is not in a hurry for it, which is good as it is knitted in not nice to knit with yarn (20% wool in 400g balls) I will try and be good and finish it sometime soon otherwise it will lurk and hang over me in that annoying way - I knew at the time I shouldn't have knitted the one for his girlfriend last year.. (she was wearing it when I was up in Liverpool a few weeks ago, and it did look as though she had been putting her knees in it as she said she would...)

And the next post will be an anniversary competition, I cant believe that it has been two years since I started blogging ...

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Sonja said...

That's really annoying! I've heard more bad than good (it seems) about that mill, which is too bad.

4:37 pm  
Blogger Jillsknit said...

I'm SO sorry you had to have a bad designing experience. All that hard work and someone else taking credit just isn't right!!! Go hug your cat and all will be well with the world (I hope).

6:49 pm  
Blogger blueadt said...

That's awful.

I'm sorry that they didn't allocate credit where due. Don't stop designing though....

7:02 pm  
Blogger yvette said...

Oh that is so unfair and it looks very pretty too.

11:59 am  
Blogger maylin said...

I'm sorry but I wish you would give them an ear full, it made my blood boil when I read it. I have been trying not to be disappointed with the yarn I have had lately. The jitterbug socks I knit have run terribly even after 6 or 7 washes. However I have lots of yarn left so if anyone wants some but doesn't want to buy from the source they can help me clear my stocks! My LYs has decided not to stock it anymore because it is so hard to know what will come when you order. I am tempted with 'close out' sales though (something about the word sale) when do they happen? I really think we should spread the word maybe on ravelry and the blogisphere though as it is intellectual theft. Also the mag should be made aware that they have made a mistake.

10:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sue that is bad and sad as I know you were (are) a very welcome face in Llanfair. People can be such schmucks. The design is beautiful btw.

9:00 pm  
Blogger Alison said...

That's more than annoying, and it's plain rude. Credit where it's due though, it's a lovely design! Knickers to them I say - but not yours, they're too lovely!

11:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks to be a beautiful design - and one that would suit many different ages and tastes. I am so sorry to read that you have not been given credit for it. I would certainly make the magazine aware of this fact and the person who took credit too. They need to know, even if nothing is done.
carol

4:12 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

Sue, a bit slow to add my support to everyone else - I think you've been very shabbily treated, so disappointing when you've done so much for them, too.

On a slightly different tack - M is 3rd in the queue for a place at Hunters. Thanks for the recommendation.

8:00 am  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

I missed this first time around. What a horrible thing to have happened! I do think though that you should get in touch with both the magazine and Colinette and ask for an explaination. Mistakes do happen, and I think you should eliminate this possibility before you finally close the door on them. Otherwise, there will always be this itch....

9:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home