Friday, December 14, 2007

How did that happen ?

Last night when I came back from a mini adventure in Wales there were a few puzzling things that had happened...

I was told it was so cold that the cat flap had frozen - cats were on the outside and the cat feeder was on the inside... she was confused, they were even more confused, but worked it out eventually, and they enjoyed their pheasant she brought round for their breakfast..

The other even more confusing this is that I managed to get 67 for my last exam - I really dont know how that happened. It was more than I got for any of my assignments, I must have got the hang of doing exams ! It might have been something to do with the conversations that happened before the exam, or the calming knitting I did whilst eating my lunch preparing for the worst.. I was expecting to just scrape through with a pass of 40...

I really must catch up on my latest course, human biology, I've fallen behind recently...

And I did mean to write the rest of my cards this afternoon, but there was this knitting that I found... and you all know the rest ;-)

Sorry for no photos again, I forgot to take my camera with me yesterday so missed taking some Welsh Winter scenes..

And thanks for all the support about the pattern, I will email Women's Weekly over the weekend ...

I've just realised that I cant do any knitting posts for the next few weeks ... oh well I'll have to think of something else to talk about... sewing chickens, homemade bags, maybe Morris might be in action... If I had been more organised this week I would have taken pictures of the knitting that I gave as presents before I wrapped them up ...

And now those cards... at least their recipients know me well and realise how bad I am getting them in the post !!

Have a good weekend and do enter my competition...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Rhonna said...

Sue, I'm glad you're going to call the magazine. A lot of folks just cry, fret, and give up, and we can certainly still do those things. But honey, if something is your work and you're not on one of those contracts which grant ownership of said work and all its rights to the employer, then you absolutely must say something. If it's a slip and someone just screwed up, well, they'll think (hopefully) to be more careful next time. If not and it was intentional, then you'll have raised the issue and, hopefully, someone will be a little less quick to claim or grant credit incorrectly. And darlin', we call that theft. It's no different than ripping off someone's words, images, or stuff off the rack.

If nothing comes of the complaint, then the choice is yours about what to do next, but at least you'll have asked the magazine to hold itself accountable. And who knows, perhaps they WILL double check ownership stuff when they print.

PS--Congrats on the exam! :-)

4:25 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Great news on your exam, but so sad about the cat door. Your poor kitty!

(maybe he needs a little sweater in case it happens again)

6:27 am  
Blogger Eirwen said...

Hi Sue,
Well done on your exam, I usually fall apart in exams. did you get my email? Let's meet up, give us a call.
Eirwen

3:55 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Fab news about your exam results - I'm sure it was richly deserved!

11:58 pm  
Blogger belaybunny said...

Well done in your exam!! Have a great Christmas and New Year!!

6:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home