Tuesday, January 01, 2008

What was on the needles..

Now, there are a lot of photos....

I'll start with the things I haven't touched...
My longest wip/ufo.
This is from Tudor Roses by Alice Starmore.

Started last century, can't remember when and will probably be frogged....










Then we have an aran, I was looking forward to finishing this but after measuring it (to work out the size) I decided that it would be too big - so another for frogging...
















Something from the House of Hemp pattern book... not sure if this will stay on the needles or not - it has been resting for some time....











The most complicated lace pattern I have ever tried - Heere be Dragones -

As you can see I haven't done very much of it - only just started his tail...











A Jitterbug cardi/jacket.

This will be frogged....












Autumn Leaves bag from Jamiesons...

I didn't even manage to knit a leaf before putting this down - I think knicker knitting took over...











And now I cant remember what pattern this is but it is knitted in Colinette Mercury... So if anyone wants some of this 'interesting yarn' leave me a message and you can gladly have it !!











Plisse jacket... not really got into knitting this, maybe I will this year.....











Another sock jumper - this has been resting a while, and after the hassles of getting the last one to match this one wont !!










A toe up sock, not touched since Harrogate...













A Bee Stole from Knitspot.

Not sure about the colour, another thing I got distracted from by knickers....










And a Marble shawl (from the cover of Vogue shawls on the go)

I have done a few rows on this, not sure if I will stay on the needles or not...









Peacock Shawl - the red yarn is where I was when I picked it up - I had to do a lot of tinking on Christmas Day, then decided that if I was going to finish anything I should knit something else instead....









Brother's Aran jumper - I was up to the red line on the back- and have finished the back and one sleeve.

He said that he doesn't mind it being late, but wants it for when it gets cold - problem is snow forecast for later this week...













Earth Stole Wrap (or something like that) from Rowan 42.

I was on row 16 and am now on row 40. Using lots of different colours of Parisienne.








And now some finished things !!!

Cadenza Cardi - was meant to be the one from Rowan that has crocheted twists along the edge of the collar - problem was that I didn't have enough yarn (had to make the collar narrower as it was...)

Knitted the sleeves and the collar - and even maneged to sew buttons on last night !!!











A chenille jumper - this has been hanging around in a bag for years... and only needed the collar knitting and sewing up.

Dont think it fits, not decided what to do with it...









And a bit of silliness - Only had to knit the neck strap and the pink bits of the ears and sew the ears & strap on.

Even managed to find a button :-)









Socks that Rock - was up to the heel on the first one.












And DK socks on Opal 6 fach.

When showing how to do magic loop at shows I really should have made a note on the original size of needles used - it took 3 attempts to get it right. Dont know where the original pattern is that I used either... but I was half way down the first leg...






And my final finished article...

A dragon scarf from Morehouse Farm.

I think I used slightly smaller needles that I should as he is not very large and I had quite a bit of yarn over...






So the results are: 21 things on the needles, well done Stash Haus, and Stash.

With the completed projects - one hat, one scarf, one cardi, one jumper and 4 socks.
Some people are saying that a pair of socks count as one, some say two so to be fair (and coz I've got a lot of yarn to get rid of...) I'm going to say that 8 & 6 win.

So well done to Isabella, and Terri for guessing 8 and Yvette for guessing 6.

For those of you that are interested (if you are still reading this mammoth post)
There were 4 aran weight, 3 lace, 7 Dk and 7 4 ply on the needles.
And I'm going to frog : the green aran, mercury, tudor roses, jitterbug and bee stole.

So that will leave: aran for brother, peacock, toe up socks, Plisse, earth stole, leaf bag, Heree be Dragones, sock jumper (8)
Not decided on hemp, or marble shawl.

And last night I cast on Monkey Socks - dont know why I'm so late in doing these, just about to turn the heel on the first one...


If Stash Haus and Yvette can let me know their snail mail addresses (by Ravelry is fine) then I will send you all something (Terri can you wait until GK ?)

Happy New Year to Everyone, I hope it is full of more good news than last...

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
You've been very busy finishing things off you should be proud of yourself! If you really want to part with the Colinette Cadenza I am pretty sure I could find it a home with me!!! lol !!!
Love reading your blog... thought the fight for supremacey of the xmas tree was great and adored the punk!!
happy knitting
Lilaclinny

7:34 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Happy New Year!

whew! You really are a mad knitter, but my, how impressive.

Wishing you health, happiness & lots more knitting time in 2008.

Take care and keep warm :)
~Susan xxx

8:03 pm  
Blogger maylin said...

It seems such a shame to frog such beautiful work, but thats the way it goes I guess.

You astound me with your skill and productivity anyway.

All the best for 2008.

9:35 pm  
Blogger maylin said...

It seems such a shame to frog such beautiful work, but thats the way it goes I guess.

You astound me with your skill and productivity anyway.

All the best for 2008.

9:35 pm  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Wow, you REALLY knit fast, don't you???

Frogging is a good option also, though. It's cleansing. There's no point in prolonging the life of UFOs beyond what's reasonable. It's just not kind.

(And I wo-on....wo-ho to mee-ee...thanks, Sue!)

11:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
I just noticed I made a mistake in my post lol my heads still not straight from xmas and all the gift knitting. I meant the Colinette Mercury of course lol not the Cadenza. Hope you dont give up on the Alice Starmore I think it looks really pretty.
Happy Knitting
Lilaclinny

12:48 pm  
Blogger Craftydramaqueen said...

Lovely FOs and my do you have a lot of WiPs!! Happy New Year.

4:48 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

I saw your comment about a bag full of goodies on Ravelry and nipped over to see what you meant as soon as I could. See you on Saturday m'dear - and thanks soooo much - though I think a pair of socks = one item, so it's not I feel like I've cheated. You're the boss knitter however so thank you thank you thank you.

You're such a big act to follow - but I might just have to take up your example and frog some WIPS that have been snoozing too long...

Happy New Year Sue.

12:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home