Thursday, May 01, 2008

Questions

Does anyone know of an interesting place two knitters can charity shop between Brum and Rutland ?

We are off for a weekend of intense discussions so will need some light relief on the way. So far my thoughts are Leamington Spa, and maybe Melton Mowbray (is it just full of pie shops ?) or there is Market Harborough, Oakham and Stamford... any help will be gratefully received.

And now that Wonderwool is over for another year, is there any members of KCG who would be willing to offer a couple of hours of their time to help on the stand at Woolfest. I can offer flapjacks and looking after shopping bags in return ;-)

And whoever said that the countryside is a quiet place to be hasn't been here today !
I have found out that when sheep are moved into new fields they make big noise. When sheep go through the sheep dip (to stop nasties getting their feet) they make big noise - put the two together and the noise is amazing - you can hardly hear yourself think in the garden ...

And a note - the sheep are not in my garden but the slope behind the house. I have offered to go and sing to them to see if that would calm them down but I think it would make them worse ;-)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

I'll help at woolfest with pleasure. I enjoyed doing so last year
Are you far from Chester? We will be there next weekend and would be good to meet up:)

4:58 pm  
Blogger Probably Jane said...

I'm happy to help at Woolfest too.

12:14 pm  
Blogger janilizi said...

There are some charity shops in Stamford but also Twilleys of course. Peterborough is another place too. Oakham is nice but not sure if there is a plethoria of charity shops. have fun

7:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home