Friday, June 06, 2008

In the last two weeks

I went to Manchester - this is a familiar sign to all those tv watchers in the North West.

Taken from a museum in the city centre.

I went to the BodyWorlds exhibition - it reminded me of bacon....









I stopped with friends who live near here (Hilton hotel) very strange shape...

And I went to see the Osmonds - they were brilliant as expected, I sang a lot, danced a lot and was very quiet on the Sunday morning (sore throat from shouting...)

Manchester on a Saturday night with drunks that had been to a boxing match was not fun for a country living girl ;-)












And I did take some photos of the river on the Wednesday after meeting a very soggy Rae for lunch... and she was wet after push biking from Welsh Bicknor to Hereford...

That is the A49 the only ring road to go through a city...















And there was a gun on the opposite bank - as it was still raining there was no way I was going to walk round to see why...


And you can see how much rain there was by the lovely brown colour of the water....







What a contrast with today - the sun was out :-)

I walked the streets while my car was being serviced - he only needs some new tyres in a little while... probably next week after I come back from Devon...
















And another view of the A49 - there is a zippy van going south...













And there is a Herefordshire Bull Society...












And apart from knitting that I cant show you (but will be in a book and my own designs..)

I have mainly been knitting this (sorry Lixie)
I cast this on while I was in Manchester - so in two weeks I've nearly finished the body of my Mermaid. It has been really good stress reducing knitting for the beer situation is getting worse - this page has some better quotes (not for those that are easily offended)


And now I really need to go and pack and sort myself out, it's going to be a long weekend methinks ;-)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger suse-the-slow-knitta said...

glad you enjoyed the Osmonds, but here are the photos of those lovely men?

12:33 am  
Blogger maylin said...

I don't think I could cope with the Bodyworks expo - though there is a part of me that is gruesomely fascinated too!

Love the mermaid, expect to see a pick of you in it soon. BTW would you condier selling the pattern when you have finished?

9:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fave phrase is one my husband's boss uses...'couldn't find his/her bum with both hands'.... I can't post on your link cos I haven't a blog (I tried but am, temporarily, I hope, defeated) so I'm posting it here! LOL Fran

10:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home