Sunday, June 22, 2008

Meet Rosie


I have been knitting like a madder than usual woman recently.

I thought Daffy was for the Welsh and as Woolfest is nearer Lancashire we should have a Rose for the stand.

I cast on on 11 June... 11 days later I cast off ...







It is getting a bit of a habit but I wanted to change her colour when I'd finished...

Lancashire Roses are red not pink, so into the oven she went... And before I get told Yorkshire also has a rose, I am aware but it is the wrong colour ;-)

And when she came out and I'd crawled around on the floor she looked like this !!







And a comparison of the colours - and it shows how little yarn I used for her. The cone is hardly touched...

She is smaller than she should be I stopped at round 103 instead of the 152 she should have been.

She is 28 inches in diameter.





And a close up of one of her petals

Very pretty even if I do say myself :-)





FOR THOSE COMING TO WOOLFEST, THE KCG HAVE BEEN GIVEN A FREE UPGRADE TO A DOUBLE STALL - WE ARE NOW NEAR THE WOOL CRECHE AND BLOGGERS CORNER - DO COME OVER AND SAY HELLO TO ME, AMBER AND ROSIE AND JANE AND MR MOG :-) and blogless Fran, Laura and Chris and anyone else that happens to be looking at my knickers...

If you have any oddments of yarn that you dont want we will gladly take them off your hands and put them to good use teaching finger knitting, knitting, crochet and anything else that we can think of ;-)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are being very free with your knickers!!!! I am suspecting you may secretly want to be wearing them...come one, you can tell us!
Fran

3:59 pm  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Rosie is beautiful:)
Look forward to seeing you next Thursday onwards.
I'll practice my spiel:))

4:43 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Absolutely gorgeous - and a very successful dye job!

6:20 pm  
Blogger Jillsknit said...

Very, very pretty. It amazes me how much you get knit and how wonderful it all is!

7:06 pm  
Blogger Steph said...

Very pretty. :-)

7:44 am  
Blogger Sue Krekorian said...

Rosie is gorgeous! Sorry I won't be able to meet her (and you) in person at Woolfest but, one day....
Listened to your "rant", BTW - so true, I thought. Bravo!

12:05 pm  
Blogger Probably Jane said...

Rosie is gorgeous - looking forward to seeing her (and you of course) at Woolfest tomorrow!

2:53 pm  
Blogger enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Sorry I won't be at Woolfest to say Hi to you. I have asked Amber to say Hi for me. I love Rosie. She is very beautiful. Have a good woolfest I may get to meet you next year.

5:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home