Saturday, July 12, 2008

Still Alive...

..I think ;-)

In the last few weeks I've travelled from home to nearly Scotland and then back home before travelling down to nearly the south coast. I did remember what my name was but at one point last weekend forgot where I was or what I was meant to be doing...



The stand was very woolly (naturally) Daffy was joined by her cousin Rosie.

Thanks to all that helped and stopped to say hello, and made the show go well. I was suffering on the Friday from dehydration - I really should remember to drink when I'm travelling and enjoying myself with friends...





For friends that like steam trains, this is where we ended up in the drizzle....



We were in an closed carriage on the way up the hill (Ravenglass railway)



I've no idea what 'Boot' is but should probably look in the book of the history of the railway...



Rosie & I were brave on the way back - we were in a roofed carriage with open sides. Surprisingly we managed to keep relatively dry on the way back to the station.

We both found that taking pictures from a moving train was difficult - but I did manage to get a photo of these ....








And we passed another train at a station, luckily for us the school children got on this train and not ours....









There were lots of different types of sheeps living beside the track, these didn't seem to like the smoke from the train (or it could have been the rain...)






The Lovely Amber made me a new friend, isn't she great. She must have realised that I dont have my heating on much as she is modelling a thick coat ;-)









And look what I won in Sue's blog competition, made by Jan (from a pattern in her book)

Sorry it is a really bad photo, but a lovely shawl to cuddle up to in the cold - it might have to be my evening wrap...




And these are some of my purchases from Woolfest... two hanks from Krafty Koala, some braids of tops and cranford mitten kit from Yarn Yard.

I do already own the head at the right (or does he own me ?)

And the cone is some Wood & Milk lace weight from Uppingham yarns (might be a milk thistle at some point..)




And then there was some things to spin, and a bosworth purple heart midi to spin with....
(which I've just realised that I've cut off the photo...)

More batts from Yarn Yard, and assorted from nice people....



Last week was KCG AGM in Winchester, on the way down they played the Road to Hell on the radio, one lady couldn't get into her bedroom (the key she was trying to use had a honda fob), I was the youngest staying, I was also one of the ones that was running round trying to make everything run smoothly as possible...

And since I was made secretary I have been busier that ever since I've been home.

Sickly boy has got to have an operation on Wednesday to remove one side of his thyroid and have his teeth done - I'm hoping that it will sort out his levels, I'm thinking of starting knitting and spinning lessons for the rest of the waiting room in the vets...

And I'm trying to do some knitting with patterns from here
They are really well written and ended up buying lots of colours from here
They have the cheapest Cascade 220 I could find, and free postage and it arrived the day after I ordered :-)

Enough of my wittering, I thought I would share this, it made me laugh...how did they get it like that ??? And it made my local news...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Probably Jane said...

It was good to catch up with you again at Woolfest. Glad you're home safe and sound after the AGM!

3:14 pm  
Blogger maylin said...

Congratulations on making secretary!

Rosie and Daffy look fabulous - do you have plans for more?

10:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home