Sunday, July 20, 2008

Reasons not to knit



At Woolfest I bought a bag of "City Lights", here is the first bit spun up and plied with some Jacob that was waiting to be used.

There is 100g here, and as I've managed to spin a near DK weight there 'should' be enough to make a jumper ....



And there is a sheep that is touring the countryside wanting to show off British fleeces..

At the top - Leicester Longwool,

At the bottom Dark Masham, this was in a kit I got when I was a teenage to learn how to spin with a drop spindle - it was unwashed and no instructions to wash or card - no wonder I didn't get it then...




This is a view of the river from a couple of weeks ago - a lovely summer's day as you can see.... it was raining, it had been raining a lot in Wales...

Yesterday when I ventured out the level was down, and no where as high as it was this time last year, thank goodness...




And look at the boy - half a thyroid and four teeth lighter... he was not a good patient for the first few days, bandages didn't want to stay on (I had to tie something round his neck to keep the remains of the original in place). Then he decided in the middle of the night that he didn't want to go downstairs to the litter tray, so the bath hole was were he poo'd...

Since he has been allowed out again he is behaving better, hopefully he will not lick the scars too much and the stitches will be ok when they come out in just over a week...

And now I'm going to see if I can actually knit something, I seem to be froging more than knitting these days...

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger ra said...

thankyou for your kind offer, I don't usualy get that far west, but I'll certainly bear it in mind. Are you on ravelry? I was going to PM you there but couldn't find you under Wye Sue.

7:27 pm  
Blogger Suemoon said...

poor baby kitty!

I put mine in a tubigrip jacket when he was licking his stitches!

:-)

10:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw - what a polite puss!!

11:46 pm  
Blogger Jillsknit said...

Oh your poor little boy! Give him lots of hugs and special kitty treats. He deserves it!

3:55 am  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Oh poor puss, he is a real beauty too
You are such a sweetie THANK you we will have fun I am sure

8:19 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Hope Chivi isn't too sore now!

10:14 pm  
Blogger maylin said...

Oh poor Chivers. Is he making you wait on him hand and foot?

10:16 am  
Blogger enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

My late cat Ollie had the same operation and lived healthily for many years after his op.
The wound heals so quickly and the fur grows over in a matter of a week or so.
Wishing your cat the same success as my Ollie had.

10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home