Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I hate the smell of paint

Thought I would update you on the movement of the mattress !

Well both rooms are decorated, the furniture has been moved from front to back but there is still an issue of an unwanted bed (the mattress is on it's side leaning against the stash wardrobe)

The house smells of gloss paint - why does it take nearly a whole day to dry ?
There are still piles everywhere - I blame the Olympics...

I was going to try and finish my Heree be Dragones shawl for I Knit, and was going well until I must have lost concentration and errored on his neck, not too bad but I have to 'fudge' every row to make it look ok-ish... so as time was against me I decided to start something else.. I really need a new shawl to wear for I knit... so 'murder by lace round three' (Rav link) went on the needles yesterday afternoon, five hours later I'm on row 80 ( out of 198) so there is hope of getting this one done...

I've signed up for a lace swap on Rav sign ups close on 1 st Sept...

I'm off to Liverpool for the weekend, I hope the children that are also staying behave or I might be back sooner than expected !

Sorry for another post with no photos, not connected camera to new laptop to see if it will work (I know you are meant to keep driver cd's safe but...) . Printer was clever and found it's own drivers...

Thanks for the suggestion on how to move stuff over from one machine to another, I was in technical support in a past life....

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rod S said...

I hate that smell also and to avoid it used Milk Paint for walls. It doesn't give off any smell once it has dried and is anti-bacterial too.
No VOCs.Faint smell of milk while wet.

7:51 pm  
Blogger maylin said...

Or real distemper is nice to work with from Potmolen.

I am awstruck with your sheer audacity in tackling whole shawls at short notice. More power to your needles, girl!!!

1:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home