Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Such a Mess

This laptop is dying.
My new laptop that I got at the weekend wont connect (but I have managed to install the modem software - goodness only knows where the original disk is...but downloads work !)
I need to sit down with both of them and move things over (like you do) and I just know that it will take days...

I have decided to decorate two of my bedrooms and move all the craft stuff from the small one to the larger - this involves swapping furniture round and trying to get rid of a bed and other smaller things .. as a result the house is in even more of a mess than usual ( hard to believe I know..)

At the moment I have a bookcase on the landing with piles of books and boxes covering the floor - I need to try and finish the wall papering this morning so I can paint this evening. Tomorrow I might be able to get furniture moved to where it should be - I can see a slight problem moving a king size mattress by myself, but I do have a plan (and not terribly cunning).

So I might be gone a while, and hopefully will be in a better frame of mind when I return, ready to conquer the world or at least be able to find what I'm looking for and have floors that I can walk over without raising my knees all the time !!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

best of luck with the change over.
BTW have nominated you for an Arte y Pico award, details on my blog

2:19 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Best of luck - and don't injure yourself!!

Just keep thinking of how lovely it will be in the end :)

3:10 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Just a little bit to do, then.
I don't like the sound of that mattress - it could get ugly. You take care now.

8:12 am  
Blogger MandellaUK said...

Good luck with the move. Change is good. You've got your priorities in the right order, making the bigger room the craft one.

11:13 am  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Argh I know how you feel !! Still it will all be worth it when yu surface :) Don't overdo it !!

7:36 pm  
Blogger maylin said...

Bon courage! From the experience of many moves I know big mattresses are the worst - they keep moving. Dragging on its side might be the best option if you can find a pathway through the rest of the stuff...

3:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home