Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I'm still knitting, honest

When I was up North bank holiday weekend, I took some socks with me. I managed to finish one of these in 24 hours (not that I had a lot of sitting around waiting !!)

Noro sock yarn is a lot nicer than I thought, but where is the pink ?








Next : whilst away I also finished this Danish Wrap shawl.
Made in Jitterbug, it went on for ages, and after getting it wet at Chester Zoo it grew...

It now ties round me twice !!
This is folded in half then half again...







And ties round a chair...

I think it is destined to adorn someone else who is a lot taller than me :-(















And the main thing I have been knitting recently

Murder by lace round three

It took about 30 hours of knitting

Made of two charts, work chart 1, then chart 2, and chart 1 again. I worked the second chart 1 in reverse, not sure if that was the right thing to do or not...

I will be wearing it at the I Knit day on Saturday. I'm going to be a free agent so wandering round, do come and say hello..
(Rosie and Daffy are making a final show appearance on the KCG stand, I've just found out that Rosie is on the fliers for the show !!)

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger TutleyMutley said...

On the flyers for the show? How cool is that!
Dearest wyesue - pleease don't do anything nasty to my toothbrush. I'll behave, honest! love, the turtle.

5:01 pm  
Blogger suse-the-slow-knitta said...

what a fantastic shawl!!, it could be nade in dark brown and called death by chocolate!

5:04 pm  
Blogger Kath said...

Wow to have a famous Rosie!! Lovely to bump into you the other weekend! Shame the Jitterbug shawl grew the colours are lovely and it felt so squishy and warm! Love the Death by Lace shawl - pretty!!

5:47 pm  
Blogger Steph said...

Love those Noro socks - but I'm still not convnced that it'd be soft enough!

10:00 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Murder By Lace is beautiful! Look forward to seeing it in person.

3:31 pm  
Blogger Joy said...

Is that the Noro you bought when we were in Malvern? It's knitted beautifully :-)

I'm sorry about the Jitterbug shawl, I suppose that's garter stitch for you but still.........

I hope to bump into you on Saturday.

4:11 pm  
Blogger Joy said...

Me again - sorry!

I have awarded you an award!

http://aknitasknits.blogspot.com/2008/09/lovely-gilraen-nominated-me-for-this.html

9:10 am  
Blogger Hellbelle said...

Lovely coloured socks, I shall have to investigate Noro's sock yarn further, I think ;)

Your mattress post made me laugh. I have one blocking the landing that's been there for a week now!

2:59 pm  
Blogger maylin said...

I have puzzled over it for years but I think Ihave it figured out now. You have discovered some devousway of doubling time, you have 48 hour days (or maybe you don't sleep?) There can be no other explanation for just how much knitting you seem to get through. And not little things either!
Nice to see you in the Amazing Lace Swap BTW

11:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home